Your personalised health package
AS SEEN IN
Your personalised health package
- Energy Level Biomarkers
- Mental Health Biomarkers
- Ferritin (Iron)
- Vitamin D
- Thyroid Function
- Liver Function
Who is this for?
AS SEEN IN
Don’t just take our word for it
Full Liver Function
Worried about your liver health?
The Full Liver Function home test with Welzo is the perfect way to find out if you have any problems with your liver. This test is easy to use and can be done in the comfort of your own home. It only takes a few minutes to complete and provides accurate results that you can trust.
Once you know your results, you can take steps to improve your liver health and feel better overall.
This test includes the following biomarkers:
1. Total Protein
Vitamin D (Energy)
Vitamin D is a vitamin that's essential for many functions in your body, including bone and muscle health. Vitamin D can be found in food, supplements, and fortified foods. If you don't get enough vitamin D, you may develop osteoporosis or muscle weakness. An average vitamin D level is 20 to 50 ng/mL. If you have a low vitamin D level, we may recommend that you take a vitamin D supplement or eat foods fortified with vitamin D.
FT3 or free tri-iodothyronine
FT3 or free tri-iodothyronine is one of the two critical hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Its deficiency/excess is responsible for most of the thyroid-related health issues because of its stronger impact even though it constitutes the lesser fraction as compared to the other hormone, FT4. Menopause blood test detects the amount of FT3, which is not attached to a protein and helps to understand thyroid functioning.
Ferritin (Iron Levels)
This test will check the serum ferritin levels in your blood. Iron is bound to proteins in the blood, which are referred to as ferritin and hemosiderin. However, iron is predominantly stored as ferritin, hence its use as a biomarker when checking for iron deficiency and levels. Ferritin is primarily stored in the liver. However, it can also be found in the spleen, bone marrow and muscles.
- Total Iron-Binding Capacity (TIBC)
- Transferrin Saturation
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) or thyrotropin is secreted by the thyroid gland, located in the throat, and can help identify cases of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the excess and under-secretion of TSH can lead to weight loss, anxiety, palpitations, irregular sleep patterns and irregular menstrual cycles. Hypothyroidism is majorly associated with overlapping symptoms as menopause.
Thyroxine (T4) is the hormone that has several important functions in the body, including speeding up the rate of metabolism, growth and energy levels. We test the thyroxine within the body to get an indicator of how well the thyroid is functioning. There are different treatments depending on if the thyroid is under or over the normal levels.
Energy Level Test
We are able to test your general energy levels through your biomarkers by evaluating common causes of fatigue, tiredness and lack of energy. Based on your answers, we have identified that the following biomarkers might give some insight into your current energy levels and help to flag any outstanding issues.
1. Our analysis has shown that an Iron (Ferritin) Test will be beneficial. If your levels are below average (which is quite common), then you will be subject to fatigue. This can be mitigated through changes in diet and supplementation.
2. Secondly, based on your answers, checking your thyroid function can rule out any thyroid issues. Problems with T4 and T3 production can result in very poor energy levels.
3. We recommend you evaluate our vitamin D levels. One in six adults in the UK currently has a vitamin D deficiency which can greatly impact your general energy and well-being.
Based on your individual answers, we recommend a general health check is suited to you.
To help rule out any underlying issues, we recommend checking your baseline general health. We have integrated multiple general health checks into your personalised Welzo home test. These are covered by checking your liver function, iron levels, thyroid function, energy levels and much more.
Welzo offers a personalised home blood test that can help you understand your general health. We'll provide you with a detailed report on your blood markers, including cholesterol levels, liver function and more.
With this information, you'll be able to take control of your health and make informed decisions about the best way to improve your well-being.
Mental Health Biomarkers
There are many more interactions at play when evaluating your mental health. However, checking for imbalances within your body is always a good place to start. This will help to flag any abnormal ranges taken from your blood sample.
Based on your answers, we recommend the following checks:
1. Cortisol Levels - Cortisol is a hormone that helps the body deal with stress. When cortisol levels are too high, it can cause health problems like weight gain, high blood pressure, and diabetes. That’s why it’s important to test your cortisol levels regularly and keep them in check. Welzo offers an easy-to-use home cortisol blood test that you can do yourself in the comfort of your own home. Just prick your finger and collect a drop of blood, then put the sample into the included tube. Send it in for analysis and receive your results in just a few days. Keep track of your cortisol levels over time to see if they’re changing – and take action if they are.
2. Vitamin D - A recent study found that low levels of vitamin D are linked to depression and other mental health conditions. That’s why we offer a vitamin D home blood test so you can find out if you’re deficient in this essential nutrient. If you do have low levels of vitamin D, our Welzo supplement can help raise your levels and improve your mood. It’s an all-natural way to feel better without any harsh side effects.
3. Ferritin (Iron) - A recent study found that low levels of ferritin are linked with depression and anxiety. If you’re feeling down, anxious, or just not like yourself, checking your ferritin levels can help rule out any underlying issues. Knowing your ferritin levels can help you and your doctor create a treatment plan to improve your mental health. With Welzo, it’s easy to order a home blood test kit and get your results in the privacy of your own home.
Common Biomarker Issues
Based on thousands of anonymised patient data sets globally and specifically tailored to the UK, we know what the most common biomarker abnormalities are.
Therefore, we have added the biomarkers to your personalised Welzo home test.
We have found that many other patients in the UK have experienced issues with these specific biomarkers. Therefore we highly recommend that these are tested for in your personalised test.
Your personalised health test is ready
You have a personalised health test waiting for you. The Welzo Health Test is tailored specifically for you based on your individual needs and how you answered our AI questionnaire.
Once you have your results, our team of experts will help you understand them. You can then create an action plan to improve your health. We want to help you be the best possible version of yourself – so you can feel great every day.
How to take a home blood test
Collecting a blood sample for your finger prick home test is straightforward. Watch the video below for more details on how to take a home blood test.
How it works
Pick your home test
We have a wide range of tests to cover your health needs. Order with next day delivery and avoid sitting in a doctor's office or clinic. Use our quiz to find the right test for you.
Take your test
Activate your test and collect your sample in the morning. Return your sample on the same day, using the prepaid shipping label provided. Samples use a simple finger prick collection method that takes around 5 minutes to complete.
Results within 48 hours
You'll get verified results and insights into what the biomarkers mean. Order now to become a healthier you!
Your personalised health package Information
Specification of Your personalised health package
- Test name: Your personalised health package
- Also known as & related tests:
- Test tube: SST (Gold microtainer)
- Brand: Welzo
- Turn around time: Approx. 24 hours
- Lab test ranges:
- Test Kit Marking: MHRA/UKCA
What is a Your personalised health package?
A Your personalised health package is a home health test offered by Welzo. The Your personalised health package can be taken from the comfort of your home using a finger prick sample, which is then sent back to our lab for analysis and interpretation.
What does a Your personalised health package for?
A Your personalised health package tests for the following: .
What are the benefits of a Your personalised health package?
Checking your health through the use of Your personalised health package is an important way to track your health. Home testing offers the convenience of conducting health assessments in the comfort of your own home, while enabling quicker, more private results without the need for visiting a healthcare facility.
Can a GP review my Your personalised health package?
Yes, Welzo offers a GP review service for the Your personalised health package. Follow the link if you would like to have an online GP appointment with your Your personalised health package.
Are Your personalised health packages available on the NHS?
The NHS offers Your personalised health packages subject to eligibility requirements, consultations and local guidelines.
Your personalised health package Kit and Ordering
How can a Your personalised health package be ordered?
A Your personalised health package can be ordered online through Welzo's secure checkout. Select the Your personalised health package and add the patient's name and details, then checkout for next-day delivery.
What is included in the Your personalised health package test kit?
The Your personalised health package contains the following items in the test kit:
- 1 x UN3373 Test Kit for Biological Substances Category B (test kit design may vary from images displayed online depending on the test selected.
- 1 x Free Return Label
- 1 x Finger Prick Lancet / Urine Sample Pouch or Swab (depending on the test ordered)
- 1 x Cleansing Wipe/ Alcohol Swab
- SST (Gold microtainer)
Your personalised health package Biomarkers and Results
What biomarkers are tested for in a Your personalised health package?
The Your personalised health package checks for the following biomarkers:
What are the results ranges for a Your personalised health package?
Your personalised health package reference ranges vary based on age, sex, population sample and numeric test result ranges. However, once you complete your tests, you will receive clear reference ranges for your Your personalised health package.
What is a normal test range for Your personalised health package?
The Your personalised health package range will be provided on the advanced Welzo reporting panel which will factor in multiple aspects such as age, population size comparison and biological sex.
Your personalised health package Procedure and Timing
When should a Your personalised health package be taken?
It is best to take a Your personalised health package first thing in the morning.
How long does a Your personalised health package take?
The typical turnaround for a Your personalised health package is 24 hours from receipt at the Welzo laboratory, Monday to Thursday. However, results may come back faster or slower depending on how busy the Welzo laboratory is and if you have requested any biomarkers that take longer to test for. In this case, results can take up to 5 days.
Are there any special preparations required before taking the Your personalised health package (e.g., fasting)?
We will let you know via email if there are any special requirements for the Your personalised health package. However, typically we recommend you take a Your personalised health package first thing in the morning, fasted.
What is the best time to post my Your personalised health package?
The best time to return your Your personalised health package sample is Monday to Thursday, before 14:00 to ensure the product arrives at our lab on time for same-day analysis.
What sample is required for a Your personalised health package?
The Your personalised health package requires a capillary blood sample using a SST (Gold microtainer) that is collected from a finger-prick blood sample.
Welzo health tests are shipped straight to your address the very next day.
We are a team of doctors and scientists, making cutting edge analysis accessible.
We issue results 24/7, giving you personal insights into your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welzo.com has made it easy for me to keep track of my medication, with reminders to reorder when I'm running low.