Your personalised health package
- Mental Health Biomarkers
- Cortisol (Stress Levels)
- Ferritin (Iron)
- Vitamin D
- Thyroid Function
- Liver Function
Who is this for?
AS SEEN IN
AS SEEN IN
Mental Health Biomarkers
Using a range of in-depth biomarkers, we are able to evaluate certain key biological metrics that could be impacting your mental health through general imbalances. Mental health is a complicated and multifaceted subject, with many more aspects at play than the biomarkers we are evaluating. However, through this blood test we can rule out any underlying deficiencies and hormonal imbalances that can contribute to healthy mind. Having a healthy mind is just as important as having a healthy body. That’s why we’ve put together a test package which includes the key vitamins and hormones which are essential for good mental health.
Full Liver Function
Worried about your liver health?
The Full Liver Function home test with welzo is the perfect way to find out if you have any problems with your liver. This test is easy to use and can be done in the comfort of your own home. It only takes a few minutes to complete and provides accurate results that you can trust.
Once you know your results, you can take steps to improve your liver health and feel better overall.
This test includes the following biomarkers:
1. Total Protein
Vitamin D (Energy)
Vitamin D is a vitamin that's essential for many functions in your body, including bone and muscle health. Vitamin D can be found in food, supplements, and fortified foods. If you don't get enough vitamin D, you may develop osteoporosis or muscle weakness. An average vitamin D level is 20 to 50 ng/mL. If you have a low vitamin D level, we may recommend that you take a vitamin D supplement or eat foods fortified with vitamin D.
Testosterone, also commonly called as the male hormone, is essentially found in males and in much smaller quantities in females. It plays an important role in the growth phase of the male body and is responsible for maturing of male reproductive organs, development of masculine features (facial hair etc.,), distribution of muscle mass and regulation of metabolism. In females, it influences distribution of muscle mass, fat and growth of red blood cells. Excess levels of testosterone is related to development of clots inside the body due to increased amounts of red blood cells. Reduced levels of testosterone can lead to loss of lean muscle mass, erectile dysfunction and low libido.
Thyroxine (T4) is the hormone that has several important functions in the body, including speeding up the rate of metabolism, growth and energy levels. We test the thyroxine within the body to get an indicator of how well the thyroid is functioning. There are different treatments depending on if the thyroid is under or over the normal levels.
Cortisol (Stress Levels)
Cortisol is produced by the adrenal gland and has a massive impact on multiple physical and mental functions within the body. Cortisol is a steroid and is often referred to as the "stress hormone" due to it often being released when a person is in a perceived state of "stress". However, it is not limited to this role within the body and is also involved in multiple metabolic and immune responses. Please note that cortisol levels fluctuate throughout the day with them peaking when you wake up and being lowest at the end of the day. Therefore it is important to take your blood test first thing in the morning when you wake up to make sure you measure them at maximum capacity.
Ferritin (Iron Levels)
This test will check the serum ferritin levels in your blood. Iron is bound to proteins in the blood, which are referred to as ferritin and hemosiderin. However, iron is predominantly stored as ferritin, hence its use as a biomarker when checking for iron deficiency and levels. Ferritin is primarily stored in the liver. However, it can also be found in the spleen, bone marrow and muscles.
- Total Iron-Binding Capacity (TIBC)
- Transferrin Saturation
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) or thyrotropin is secreted by thyroid gland, located in the throat, and can help identify cases of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the excess and under secretion of TSH can lead to weight loss, anxiety, palpitations, irregular sleep patterns and irregular menstrual cycles. Hypothyroidism is majorly associated with overlapping symptoms as menopause.
FT3 or free tri-iodothyronine
FT3 or free tri-iodothyronine is one of the two critical hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Its deficiency/excess is responsible for most of the thyroid related health issues because of its stronger impact even though it constitutes the lesser fraction as compared to the other hormone, FT4. Menopause blood test detects the amount of FT3 which is not attached to a protein and help to understand thyroid functioning.
Mental Health Biomarkers
There are many more interactions at play when evaluating your mental health. However, checking for imbalances within your body is always a good place to start. This will help to flag any abnormal ranges taken from your blood sample.
Based on your answers, we recommend the following checks:
1. Cortisol Levels - Cortisol is a hormone that helps the body deal with stress. When cortisol levels are too high, it can cause health problems like weight gain, high blood pressure, and diabetes. That’s why it’s important to test your cortisol levels regularly and keep them in check. Welzo offers an easy-to-use home cortisol blood test that you can do yourself in the comfort of your own home. Just prick your finger and collect a drop of blood, then put the sample into the included tube. Send it in for analysis and receive your results in just a few days. Keep track of your cortisol levels over time to see if they’re changing – and take action if they are.
2. Vitamin D - A recent study found that low levels of vitamin D are linked to depression and other mental health conditions. That’s why we offer a vitamin D home blood test so you can find out if you’re deficient in this essential nutrient. If you do have low levels of vitamin D, our Welzo supplement can help raise your levels and improve your mood. It’s an all-natural way to feel better without any harsh side effects.
3. Ferritin (Iron) - A recent study found that low levels of ferritin are linked with depression and anxiety. If you’re feeling down, anxious, or just not like yourself, checking your ferritin levels can help rule out any underlying issues. Knowing your ferritin levels can help you and your doctor create a treatment plan to improve your mental health. With Welzo, it’s easy to order a home blood test kit and get your results in the privacy of your own home.
4. Thyroid - Your personalised test includes the thyroid biomarker checks from Welzo. The test, which is available online, can help people determine if you have a thyroid problem. According to the National Institutes of Health, an estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease. Early diagnosis and treatment are important for preventing serious health problems.
5. Liver Function - Your personalised plan includes a full liver function evaluation. These will access the critical biomarkers impacting your liver health, giving you deep insight into how your liver functions and if there are any underlying issues.
6. Testosterone - Testosterone is a hormone that plays a major role in men’s health. Low testosterone can lead to a number of health problems, such as low energy, poor sleep, and weight gain. A blood test is the best way to determine if you have low testosterone and need treatment. Now you can test your personalised Welzo test to check your test levels.
Based on your individual answers we recommend a general health check is suited to you.
To help rule out any underlying issues, we recommend checking your baseline general health. We have integrated multiple general health checks into your personalised Welzo home test. These are covered by checking your liver function, iron levels, thyroid function, energy levels and much more.
Welzo offers a personalised home blood test that can help you understand your general health. We'll provide you with a detailed report on your blood markers, including cholesterol levels, liver function and more.
With this information, you'll be able to take control of your health and make informed decisions about the best way to improve your well-being.
Feeling like you're not in control of your life?
A testosterone blood test could be the answer. Low testosterone can cause all sorts of problems like weight gain, fatigue and even depression. If you're feeling out of control, a testosterone test could help you get your life back on track.
Based on your answers, our advanced AI system has identified testosterone as being a beneficial test to take within your personalised treatment plan.
Common Biomarker Issues
Based on thousands of anonymised patient data sets globally and specifically tailored to the UK, we know what the most common biomarker abnormalities are.
Therefore, we have added the biomarkers to your personalised Welzo home test.
We have found that many other patients in the UK have experienced issues with these specific biomarkers. Therefore we highly recommend that these are tested for in your personalised test.
Your personalised health test is ready
You have a personalised health test waiting for you. The Welzo Health Test is tailored specifically for you based on your individual needs and how you answered our AI questionnaire.
Once you have your results, our team of experts will help you understand them. You can then create an action plan to improve your health. We want to help you be the best possible version of yourself – so you can feel great every day.
How to Order an At-Home Test
Ordering one of our at-home tests is easy. See our video below for a full walk-through.
Pick your home test
We have a wide range of tests to cover your health needs. Order with next day delivery and avoid sitting in a doctor's office or clinic. Use our quiz to find the right test for you.
Take your test
Activate your test and collect your sample in the morning. Return your sample on the same day, using the prepaid shipping label provided. Samples use a simple finger prick collection method that takes around 5 minutes to complete.
Results within 48 hours
You'll get GP-reviewed results and personalised recommendations to improve your results. Order now to become a healthier you!
Welzo health tests are shipped straight to your address the very next day.
We are a team of doctors and scientists, making cutting edge analysis accessible.
We issue results 24/7, giving you personal insights into your body.