Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Anusol ointment is a rapidly absorbing topical medication for treating piles and haemorrhoids.
Important information: Welzo does not offer controlled substances or all prescription items on the website. This page should only be regarded for informational purposes if this is a controlled substance or an item we do not offer for regulatory reasons.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
What is Anusol Ointment?
Anusol ointment delivers a moisturizing and soothing relief from the pain and discomfort associated with external and internal piles. It has hydrocortisone which adds to its potency. It is highly useful for treating anal fissure discomfort and itching around the anus.
How does it work?
The active ingredient in this ointment is hydrocortisone, bismuth subgallate, zinc oxide, balsam Peru, bismuth oxide etc. These ingredients protect and soothe the raw areas, promote fast healing and reduce swelling. They also help shrink the piles.
Is the Anusol Ointment suitable for me?
It is suitable for adults having signs and symptoms of haemorrhoids. It is not suitable for children. For more details about indications, consult the patient leaflet.
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur. The common side effects are;
- Folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicles)
- Disturbed menstrual periods
- Skin lightening at the application site
- Severe reactions at the application site, e.g., rectal pain, dryness, itching, burning, redness and irritation.
- Increased sweating
- Increased hair growth on the body or face.
- Signs of allergies, e.g., rashes, swelling, irritation etc.
In case of these or any other side effects, consult the physician.
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Directions for Anusol Ointment.
- The common recommendation is to apply it in the morning and evening daily and after each bowel movement.
- Strictly follow the instructions of manufacturers about use.
- If, however, the symptoms persist, consult the doctor.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Anusol Ointment Patient Leaflet
How it works
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Buy Anusol HC Ointment Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
You can buy Anusol HC Ointment online from our UK-registered online pharmacy partners. Complete an online consultation form and our system will show you if you are eligible to purchase Anusol HC Ointment online. Our pharmacists will then review your order of Anusol HC Ointment and dispatch it discreetly to your address.
How to buy Anusol HC Ointment online?
You can buy Anusol HC Ointment by following the following steps.
- Fill out our online consultation form
- If you are eligible to purchase Anusol HC Ointment you will be shown it as one of your treatment options
- Pay online and receive your order to the comfort of your chosen address
Can I get Anusol HC Ointment on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Anusol HC Ointment on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Anusol HC Ointment from the NHS.
Can you get Anusol HC Ointment over the counter?
No, you can’t get Anusol HC Ointment over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Anusol HC Ointment is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Anusol HC Ointment online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched. One of our partner prescribing pharmacists will review the consultation form and will decide if you are eligible to buy Anusol HC Ointment.
Is Anusol HC Ointment safe?
If you have been prescribed Anusol HC Ointment then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Anusol HC Ointment then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Anusol HC Ointment?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
How long does Anusol HC Ointment take to work?
The time it takes for a Anusol HC Ointment to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Anusol HC Ointment may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Anusol HC Ointment?
The effectiveness of Anusol HC Ointment can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Anusol HC Ointment?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Anusol HC Ointment.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Anusol HC Ointment in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Anusol HC Ointment in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Anusol HC Ointment is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation and to purchase from Welzo if in stock. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Where can I buy Anusol HC Ointment?
You can buy Anusol HC Ointment online from Welzo.com upon completion of a consultation form and a free review from a prescribing pharmacist.
Are Anusol HC Ointment users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Anusol HC Ointment at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Anusol HC Ointment head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Anusol HC Ointment from an online pharmacy?
Yes, you can purchase Anusol HC Ointment from an online pharmacy. However, this is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Anusol HC Ointment cost?
The costs of Anusol HC Ointment are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as treatment options will be shown upon completing the consultation form.
Can I use this Ointment during pregnancy?
No. The use of this ointment is not recommended in pregnant or breastfeeding women as it may worsen symptoms. To treat piles and haemorrhoids in pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult a physician.
What is the difference between Anusol Cream and Anusol Ointment?
Both products are very similar and have the same active ingredients. The ointment has hydrocortisone and is more potent than cream. However, their consistency is different, and it depends upon the personal liking of people for cream or gel. The gel form is thicker and more suitable for internal application. The cream is thinner and more suitable for rubbing on the outer skin.
What foods trigger the haemorrhoids?
Some foods also trigger haemorrhoids. So, besides treatment, minimize the use of these foods. These foods are;
- Processed and prepared foods, e.g., frozen meats, hot dogs, snacks, etc.
- Fast foods
- Ice cream
Can this Ointment be used by children?
The use of this ointment is not recommended for children under 18. Keep it out of reach of children.
Can I use Anusol Ointment on raw or bleeding haemorrhoids?
The use of this ointment is not recommended for bleeding haemorrhoids. Let the bleeding stop before application, as it can cause extensive irritation.
What are some useful tips for managing haemorrhoids?
Some useful tips for the management of haemorrhoids are;
- Be careful with your heavy weight lifting if you are prone to haemorrhoids
- Add fibre-rich foods to your diet
- Avoid anal sex
- Reduce weight
- Never plan pregnancy as soon as haemorrhoids are treated
- Don't sit for a long time on the toilet
- Treat chronic constipation or diarrhoea if you have
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.
Welzo.com has a great selection of home health test kits, which makes it easy to find what you need.