Who is this for?
100% UK-based pharmacy
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
What is Nitty Gritty NitFree Comb?
The Nitty Gritty NitFree Comb is a micro spiral comb which can remove both the smallest of lice as well as the unhatched eggs.
How does it work?
The nitty gritty comb is made from a patented micro spiral comb design that works to remove both the lice and the unhatched 'live' head louse eggs, which are the main cause of repeated infestation. The comb works so well because the teeth are created very close together with a rounded tip. This means that the hair strands can be guided gently through the gaps while being cleared of lice and eggs.
Is Nitty Gritty NitFree Comb suitable for me?
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
1. Ensure you detangle the hair with a regular brush or comb before using the Nitty Gritty NitFree Comb.
2. Apply a conditioner or other lice remover solution to dry hair and comb through with a regular comb. Make sure you saturate the scalp and coat the hair from roots to ends.
3. Try to use clips or bands to part off hair into smaller sections. This ensures that lice are less likely to migrate into other areas while you're combing.
4. Comb through each section from roots to ends, clearing each section of all lice and eggs before you move on to the next section.
5. Continue combing frequently until you are sure that you have got everything out, taking the comb along the whole length of the hair on each stroke. Make sure you pay close attention to certain areas, including the scalp, behind the ears and at the nape of the neck, as these areas often contain the most eggs.
6. After every two or three combings, rinse the comb under the tap to clear it of any lice or eggs.
7. After you've finished, wash hair with shampoo and then conditioner.
Add your item to the cart and checkout securely using our express checkout online.
Once you have placed an order you should receive it the next working day if you placed the order before 14:00 or the day after if placed after 14:00.
It is that straightforward, you will now recieve your order to the comfort of your home or delivery address.
Can you use the Nitty Gritty comb on dry hair?
No, using the Nitty Gritty comb is ineffective, as lice can move freely in dry hair. Using a conditioner or lice solution stops the lice from moving around while you comb them out.
Will the Nitty Gritty Comb remove all the shells that are stuck to the hair?
Yes, the comb simultaneously removes the unhatched eggs as well as the empty shells left behind.
How do you get nits out of the Nitty Gritty comb?
To remove the lice from the Nitty Gritty comb:
- Rinse the comb under the tap to clear it of any lice or eggs.
- Use an old toothbrush to remove and clean lice from the comb.
- Use household objects, such as dental floss or small brushes, to remove the lice from the comb.
- Sterilising the comb with boiling water for only one minute also works to remove the lice from the comb. Ensure you only stay within 1 minute under the boiling water.
What should I do if my Nitty Gritty NitFree comb looks rusty?
The comb may appear to be rusty or corroded, but it is actually just the welding that takes place when the comb is manufactured. The comb is made from high-quality stainless steel; during the manufacturing process, some discolouration may occur.
Welzo over the counter products are shipped out for next day delivery if placed before 14:00.
We only work with UK based pharmacies. All of our pharmacy partners are registered with GPhC.
We are rated 4.9 out of 5 by over 23,000 customers online. Making us the highest rated online pharmacy in the UK.