Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Regaine is a topical solution that is used to stop or lessen the effects of male pattern hair loss. The active ingredient minoxidil 5% prevents further hair loss and works to regrow the hair.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Regaine Extra Strength Solution For Men for Hair Loss
Male pattern hair loss, also referred to as androgenetic alopecia is the most common type of hair loss. Typically men will start to see hair thinning from the top of the head in an M-shaped pattern.
Regaine Extra Strength Solution For Men is a topically-applied medicine for males aged between 18 and 65 years with hereditary hair loss. This medicine should only be used for re-growing hair on the scalp and is less likely to be effective for those with a large area of hair loss.
What is Regaine Extra Strength Solution For Men and how does it work?
The active ingredient minoxidil is thought to aid blood flow to the hair follicles on the scalp which encourages hair growth. The best results from this product are experienced by those who have been losing hair for a short time, compared to those who have more extensive hair loss.
This product should not be used by women.
Is Regaine Extra Strength Solution For Men right for me?
If you are looking for an effective topical hair loss treatment, Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men may be right for you. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or any other ingredient
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to minoxidil, ethanol or propylene glycol
- If you are not sure if your hair loss is hereditary
- If you have hair loss caused by drug treatment
- If you have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair
- If the cause of your hair loss is unknown, or it is sudden and unexpected
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a scalp condition, such as sunburn or psoriasis, or you are using other topical products to treat scalp conditions
- If you have a dressing or bandage on your scalp
- If you have a shaved scalp
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are a child or adolescent
- If you are female
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Regaine Men's Extra Strength Solution. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Itching or dermatitis
- Unwanted non-scalp hair
Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men Minoxidil Patient Leaflet
How to use Regaine Men's Extra Strength Solution?
Always take Regaine Men's Extra Strength Solution exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist. The recommended starting dose is 1ml applied to the scalp twice a day, however, in presence of other factors, this may be increased or decreased accordingly as per the prescriber's clinical judgement.
- Avoid breathing in the spray whilst applying it to the scalp
- Do not apply the solution to areas of the body other than the scalp
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the solution. Rinse other areas that have come into contact with the solution
- Make sure your hair and scalp are completely dry before application
- Choose an appropriate applicator and read through instructions for use
- Massage the solution lightly into the affected areas of the scalp
- Apply twice daily to the affected areas of the scalp
- Leave at least 12 hours between uses
- Do not exceed 2ml in a day and do not apply more than twice a day
- Do not use if you are a woman.
Warnings and Precautions
Regaine Men's Extra Strength Solution may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Regaine Men's Extra Strength Solution:
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or any other ingredient
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to minoxidil, ethanol or propylene glycol
- If you are using creams, ointments or lotions used to treat scalp conditions, e.g. Dithranol – used to treat psoriasis.
- Tretinoin – used to treat acne or other skin disorders
- Corticosteroids- a type of anti-inflammatory
- Certain blood pressure medications called ''vasodilators'' e.g. hydralazine
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
How it works
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
You can buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) online from our UK-registered online pharmacy partners. Complete an online consultation form and our system will show you if you are eligible to purchase Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) online. Our pharmacists will then review your order of Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) and dispatch it discreetly to your address.
How to buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) online?
You can buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) by following the following steps.
- Fill out our online consultation form
- If you are eligible to purchase Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) you will be shown it as one of your treatment options
- Pay online and receive your order to the comfort of your chosen address
Can I get Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) from the NHS.
Can you get Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) over the counter?
No, you can’t get Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched. One of our partner prescribing pharmacists will review the consultation form and will decide if you are eligible to buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil).
Is Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) safe?
If you have been prescribed Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil)?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
How long does Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) take to work?
The time it takes for a Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil)?
The effectiveness of Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil)?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil).
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation and to purchase from Welzo if in stock. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Where can I buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil)?
You can buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) online from Welzo.com upon completion of a consultation form and a free review from a prescribing pharmacist.
Are Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) from an online pharmacy?
Yes, you can purchase Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) from an online pharmacy. However, this is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) cost?
The costs of Regaine Extra Strength Solution for Men (Minoxidil) are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as treatment options will be shown upon completing the consultation form.
Does Regaine contain minoxidil?
Yes, Regaine contains minoxidil, which is the active ingredient in the medication. Minoxidil is a vasodilator, which means that it widens blood vessels and helps to improve blood flow to the scalp. This increased blood flow can help to stimulate hair growth.
Why is Regaine not for people over 65?
The reason that Regaine is not for people over 65 is because it has not been studied in this age group. Additionally, the risk of side effects increases with age, so using Regaine could be more dangerous for older adults. If you are over 65 and experiencing hair loss, speak to your doctor about other treatment options.
Is this medication suited for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
Does Regaine Extra Strength Solution work?
Yes, Regaine Extra Strength Solution is an effective treatment for hair loss. In a clinical study, 80% of men who used the solution twice daily for 16 weeks experienced an increase in hair growth. Additionally, 73% of men who used the solution once daily for 16 weeks experienced an increase in hair growth.
How do you use Regaine Extra Strength Solution?
The solution should be applied to the scalp twice daily, in the morning and evening. It is important to use the solution for at least 16 weeks in order to see any results.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.
It's important to choose a pharmacy that offers a medication adherence program to help you stay on track with your medication regimen.