Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Sildenafil tablets are a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). The tablets contain the active ingredient sildenafil, which works by increasing blood flow to the penis, helping men to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual activity.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Description of Sildenafil
Sildenafil for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) also known as impotence is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection for a duration long enough required for sexual activity. There are various causes, the most common being due to the narrowing of arteries that carry blood to the penis. It is a very common condition (affects around 1 in 10 men), however, it is easily treatable.
There are several factors that may be responsible for ED, or impotence, in men. It is more prevalent in men over 40, however, can affect men of any age. The other factors or conditions that may cause ED are conditions such as diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, obesity, stress, depression, altered hormone levels as well as difficulties in relationships. The underlying causes can be either psychological, physical or certain medications.
What is Sildenafil and how does it work?
Sildenafil is one of the most popular ED medications, that contains the active ingredient Sildenafil which belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors (PDE5) inhibitors. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles in the penis allowing more blood to flow in the penis when you are sexually stimulated. Sildenafil can help to achieve an erection in the presence of sexual stimuli, it is not an aphrodisiac.
It is a treatment for adult men available on prescription as well as over the counter in certain situations.
Viagra or Sildenafil should not be used by women.
The active substance Sildenafil is also useful in treating other conditions along with erectile dysfunction. Please consult a Doctor, a Pharmacist or relevant product literature for more information.
Is Sildenafil right for me?
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction (impotence) Sildenafil may be an effective treatment. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you have galactose intolerance
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have had a stroke or heart attack in the last 6 months
- If you have Peyronie's disease or a physical deformity of the penis
- If you have sickle cell anaemia or any bleeding disorders
- If you have a rare inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa
Side Effects of Sildenafil
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Sildenafil. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Sildenafil, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Nasal congestion
- Allergic reaction or rashes
- Stomach discomfort
- Light-headedness or headache
- Changes in vision
Sildenafil PIL (Patient Information Leaflet)
Sildenafil is an effective treatment, but it might not work for all patients. Find out a comprehensive list of reviews on Sildenafil below taken from independent sources.
Read review on Sildenafil below:
- Viagra (Sildenafil) has a rating of 8.2 out of 10 for acne treatment according to user reviews on drugs.com
- Patients who have used Welzo.com have rated us “excellent” on Trustpilot. We have over 20,000+ reviews from multiple platforms, click here to view our Trustpilot reviews and click here to read our reviews on Trustindex.
How to take Sildenafil?
Always take Sildenafil exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist. The recommended starting dose is 50mg, however, in presence of other factors, this may be increased or decreased accordingly as per the prescriber's clinical judgement.
- Sildenafil should be taken 30-60 minutes before you wish to have sexual intercourse
- The time taken for it to work may vary for different individuals
- It can be taken with or without food, however, if taken with a heavy meal it may reduce its effectiveness or take longer to work
- Avoid grapefruit juice with this medication as it may have an effect on side-effects experienced by you
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as they may affect the ability to achieve an erection as well as the effect of this medication
Only 1 dose of Sildenafil should be taken in 24 hours. The effect of this medicine may last for 4-5 hours after taking the initial dose.
Warnings and Precautions of Sildenafil
Sildenafil may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Sildenafil:
- If you've ever had an allergic reaction to Sildenafil or any other ingredients listed in this medicine
- If you are taking medicines called nitrates for angina (chest pain) or amyl nitrates (poppers)
- If you are taking riociguat
- If you are taking any alpha-blockers such as Doxazosin, Tamsulosin
- If you are taking HIV medication
- If you are taking anti-fungal or antibiotics
- If you are taking other ED medications
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
How it works
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Buy Sildenafil Tablets Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
You can buy Sildenafil Tablets online from our UK-registered online pharmacy partners. Complete an online consultation form and our system will show you if you are eligible to purchase Sildenafil Tablets online. Our pharmacists will then review your order of Sildenafil Tablets and dispatch it discreetly to your address.
How to buy Sildenafil Tablets online?
You can buy Sildenafil Tablets by following the following steps.
- Fill out our online consultation form
- If you are eligible to purchase Sildenafil Tablets you will be shown it as one of your treatment options
- Pay online and receive your order to the comfort of your chosen address
Can I get Sildenafil Tablets on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Sildenafil Tablets on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Sildenafil Tablets from the NHS.
Can you get Sildenafil Tablets over the counter?
No, you can’t get Sildenafil Tablets over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Sildenafil Tablets is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Sildenafil Tablets online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched. One of our partner prescribing pharmacists will review the consultation form and will decide if you are eligible to buy Sildenafil Tablets.
Is Sildenafil Tablets safe?
If you have been prescribed Sildenafil Tablets then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Sildenafil Tablets then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Sildenafil Tablets?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
How long does Sildenafil Tablets take to work?
The time it takes for a Sildenafil Tablets to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Sildenafil Tablets may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Sildenafil Tablets?
The effectiveness of Sildenafil Tablets can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Sildenafil Tablets?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Sildenafil Tablets.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Sildenafil Tablets in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Sildenafil Tablets in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Sildenafil Tablets is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation and to purchase from Welzo if in stock. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Where can I buy Sildenafil Tablets?
You can buy Sildenafil Tablets online from Welzo.com upon completion of a consultation form and a free review from a prescribing pharmacist.
Are Sildenafil Tablets users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Sildenafil Tablets at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Sildenafil Tablets head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Sildenafil Tablets from an online pharmacy?
Yes, you can purchase Sildenafil Tablets from an online pharmacy. However, this is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Sildenafil Tablets cost?
The costs of Sildenafil Tablets are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as treatment options will be shown upon completing the consultation form.
Who shouldn't take Sildenafil?
Most men aged over 18 can take Sildenafil to treat their erectile dysfunction. However, you should not take it if:
- You've ever had an allergic reaction to Sildenafiil or any other medicine
- Are taking medicines called nitrates for angina (chest pain)
- Have a serious heart or liver problem
- Have low blood pressure
- Have a rare inherited eye disease, such as retinitis pigmentosa
- Have sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia, or multiple myeloma
- Have a deformity of your penis or Peyronie's disease
- Have a stomach ulcer
- Have a bleeding problem like haemophilia
How long does it take for Sildenafil to work?
Sildenafil typically starts to work within 30-60 minutes. However, it can take up to 4 hours for the medication to take full effect.
When is the best time to take Sildenafil?
Sildenafil is taken as needed, so the best time to take Sildenafil is when you are ready to engage in sexual activity. However, you should not take Sildenafil more than once a day. If you take Sildenafil more than once a day, you may develop adverse side effects.
Is this medication suited for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
How does Sildenafil work?
Sildenafil works by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis, allowing more blood to flow into the organ. This increased blood flow causes the penis to become engorged, resulting in an erection.
What happens when you take Sildenafil?
Sildenafil works by increasing blood flow to the penis, which helps to achieve and maintain an erection. The drug does not cause an erection on its own – sexual stimulation is required for the medication to work. When sexually aroused, the blood vessels in the penis relax and widen, allowing more blood to flow into the penis.
Can you take other medications with Sildenafil?
Sildenafil should not be taken with certain other medications due to the risk of drug interactions. Be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you take before taking Sildenafil.
Is Sildenafil the same as Viagra?
Sildenafil is the generic name for Viagra. It is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. While Viagra is the brand name of the drug, sildenafil is the active ingredient in Viagra that helps to treat erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil citrate is also sold under the brand name Revatio to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
What are the ingredients in Sildenafil?
Sildenafil is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. Its active ingredient is sildenafil, which is a PDE5 inhibitor.
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.