Apple cider vinegar can boost your overall health by decreasing your body weight
Obesity is a very big problem, particularly in developed countries. According to the UK Parliament House of Commons Library, 28% of British adults are obese, and another 36% of adults are overweight. Irrespective of the causes of obesity, it can increase the incidence of cardiovascular diseases and reduce the overall quality of life.
How to get rid of excess fat? It is a frequently asked question these days. Physical options may not be feasible for everyone. Let's introduce a commonly available food item that can help you lose weight and improve your health.
What is apple cider vinegar? How is it produced?
Do you like apple juice? It is obtained by crushing fresh apples. This juice obtained from crushed apples is fermented. This process will convert the sugars present in the juice into ethanol (alcohol). The bacteria present in the juice will convert this alcohol into acetic acid. The resultant sour juice is called apple cider vinegar (ACV). It is a highly sour acidic juice that is dangerous to drink in excess quantities.
You can consume ACV in your diet as it has several health benefits. Can drinking apple cider vinegar help you to get rid of excess fat? To understand this, let's first know what it does to your body.
How does apple cider vinegar work?
It is a very strong acid. Several different mechanisms have been proposed for their beneficial effects. These are;
- It reduces the pH of your digestive system, i.e., makes it acidic. This acidic environment promotes useful bacteria growth and suppresses various pathogenic bacteria. The apple cider vinegar diet is recommended due to these effects.
- The acetic acid present in the ACV improves the digestibility of proteins and fats.
- It delays the emptying time of your stomach. It means the food stays inside your stomach for a long time, and you feel stomach fullness. In this way, it can reduce your appetite.
- It also has a secret substance in it, ''The Mother''. What's this? The unfiltered organic ACV has a variety of useful bacteria, proteins, and enzymes. These substances make this liquid murky and turbid. This turbid liquid is called the mother. According to nutritionists., most of the nutritional benefits of ACV are due to it.
Can the apple cider vinegar diet burn your fat?
Now, let’s come to the point. How can it help you to lose weight? The answer seems obvious.
The diets containing apple cider vinegar will take lesser time to empty the stomach. It, therefore, reduces appetite and also mobilises body fat. Due to its sour taste, you may find it very annoying to drink apple cider vinegar. However, you can consume apple cider vinegar by adding it to various foods.
But why should you trust this claim? Do any scientific investigations support this claim? There is a lot of research that proves the authenticity of this claim.
Does any scientific evidence suggest that drinking apple cider vinegar can help to reduce weight?
The scientific investigations conducted for this purpose have produced inconsistent results. Fortunately, several investigations by different researchers have supported this claim. Let's go through some of these.
- Various animal model studies (on mice and rats) have proved that the acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar can increase the metabolism of stored fats and prevent excessive fat deposition in the body. In a 2016 study by Naseem and his colleagues, a herbal mixture containing ACV promoted weight loss by reducing plasma triglycerides (TGs) and bad cholesterol in animal models. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jmf.2017.0039
- A 2009 study by KONDO and his colleagues found that the regular addition of acetic acid to your diet can lower fat mass, body weight, and total serum triglyceride levels. The study was conducted on obese Japanese people for a period of 12 weeks. The people using the 15ml and 30ml of vinegar daily showed a lower body mass index (BMI), body weight, serum triglyceride levels, area of visceral fat, and waist circumference compared to the group without any vinegar consumption. Therefore, you can add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet to lose weight.
- Other evidence suggests that it can reduce weight when combined with regular exercise and a low-calorie diet. A study by Sadat Khezri in 2018 found that it benefits by decreasing body weight, body mass index, and serum triglycerides and fats. The 39 participants in the study were given 30 ml ACV daily with a restricted-calorie diet of 250 Kcal less than the usual diet. A significant reduction in waist circumference was also noted.
- A study published in the Drug Invention Today (a peer-reviewed journal) in 2019 found that a daily dose of 20ml for 30 days lowered the BMI from 27.4 to 26.9 and reduced the fasting sugar levels from 140.6 to 121.9 mg/dL.
Are these researches enough to convince you? If not, you can make a trial yourself. Don't worry; the body very well tolerates diluted apple cider vinegar. However, you have to stick to the diet plan.
Has it had some other beneficial effects?
Besides helping you reduce fat storage, ACV is also known to have various other benefits. These health benefits are a bonus to reduced body weight. These include;
- People have been adding apple cider vinegar for hundreds of years. ACV as a home remedy dates back hundreds of years. Its use was first described in ancient Greek, where it was used for wound healing. Hippocrates combined it with honey and used it for various medicinal purposes.
- More recently, it has also been used to boost cardiovascular health, ward off excess dandruff, and lose body fat.
- It is also recommended to treat scurvy.
- It is known to improve insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar levels.
Does it have any side effects?
Is it completely safe? After going through its benefits, let's know if it has any side effects. Remember that it is an acid. It can cause problems if it is mishandled. It would help if you kept in mind the following instructions while using the ACV.
- If you are taking apple cider vinegar regularly as a drink, your extremely sensitive tooth enamel can erode away. You will feel problems like teeth sensitivity etc... It is due to the acetic acid present in the ACV. So, be careful while using it. Use it in diluted form and wash your mouth after taking it.
- Using apple cider vinegar daily can also increase the problems, e.g., disturbed insulin levels (consequently a disturbed blood sugar), nausea, low serum potassium (changes in blood pressure), and the worsening of kidney problems if you already have particularly if you ingest ACV 30% or more concentrated.
So, it is always a very good idea to consult a physician if you have any pre-existing health issues e.g., blood pressure, kidney problems or blood glucose problems.
How to consume apple cider vinegar safely?
How you can ensure its safe use? Remember that it is not a neutral liquid. As mentioned above, using it at a higher concentration can cause many problems. So, how to use it safely? The following are some useful suggestions that promote cider vinegar's safe and healthy use.
- It is wise not to use it as such. It should be combined with other foods, e.g., a tonic, as a food supplement, on the salad dressing and added to your regular drinks.
- Combine it with other weight-reducing strategies, e.g., replace your saturated oils with olive oil, use a low caloric diet and improve your physical activity.
- You can divide your daily dose of ACV into 2-3 doses. The best time to consume it is immediately before the meal because it can reduce appetite and increase stomach emptying time.
- Use it in a diluted form in water. It should be diluted 5-10 times in water before use.
- Adding it to pickled vegetables is safe and reliable.
Most of you will not like to live with obesity. It produces a number of negative changes in your body. But, how to get rid of it? Fortunately, combating obesity is not as difficult as normally thought. Adding a small amount of apple cider vinegar (2-3 teaspoons) to your daily diet can improve your weight. It also has a variety of other health benefits. However, it is an acid, and its safe use should be ensured for long-term use. It can be used directly after dilution with water. You can add it to your pickled vegetables and regular drinks and can also combine it with salad. Stay smart, stay healthy.
For a full range of medications, visit our Welzo Online Pharmacy Page. For more details click here.
Related weight loss services
- Weight loss treatment
- Weight loss blood test
- Buy Orlos Online
- Buy Orlistat Online
- Buy Wegovy Online
- Buy Ozempic Online
- XLS Medical Max Strength
- Buy Saxenda Online
- Buy Alli Online
- Buy Xenical Online
Related weight loss articles
- Weight loss - a comprehensive guide
- Where to buy wegovy?
- Side effects of Wegovy
- When will wegovy be available in the UK?
- Wegovy vs Saxenda
- How long does Wegovy take to work?
- Can you get Wegovy on the NHS?
- Wegovy vs Orlistat?
- Is Wegovy the same as semaglutide?
- Does progesterone cause weight loss?
- Weight loss injections
- 1:1 Diet Explained
- How do weight loss tablets work?
- What is the 800 calorie diet?
- What is a low-residue diet?
- What is intermittent fasting?
- Does hypnosis work for weight loss?
- How much weight can you lose on orlistat?
- The best diet for weight loss
- Apple Cider vinegar for weight loss
Plus get the inside scoop on our latest content and updates in our monthly newsletter.