What is a Pulmicort Turbohaler?
The Pulmicort Tubohaler is a type of asthma inhaler that prevents sudden asthma attacks. This inhaler is intended for everyday use and is not a reliever inhaler.
How does it work?
The Pulmicort Turbohaler contains the medicine budesonide, which is a kind of corticosteroid. Steroid inhalers, such as the Pulmicort Turbohaler, work to copy the effects of the natural hormones which are produced in the adrenal glands. This then causes the body's immune system to calm down and reduce the swelling, inflammation and irritation in the lungs.
Is a Pulmicort Turbohaler suitable for me?
You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to budesonide. This inhaler can be used by ages aged 5 and over. Consult with your doctor before beginning this medication.
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur.
- Thrush (a fungal infection) in the mouth. This is less likely if you rinse your mouth out with water after using your Turbohaler.
- Mild sore throat, coughing and a hoarse voice.
- Pneumonia (infection of the lung) in COPD patients.
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Pulmicort Turbohaler.
If your doctor has told you to use your Turbohaler twice a day:
- For adults and children aged 13 years and above: The recommended dose is 1 or 2 inhalations, twice a day (in the morning and in the evening). Your doctor may increase this to a maximum of 1600 micrograms a day. If your asthma is getting worse and you are using your ‘reliever inhaler’ more often or you have more symptoms:
- double your dose of Pulmicort Turbohaler immediately and talk to your doctor
as soon as possible
- double your dose by taking twice as many inhalations each time.
- For use in children aged 5-12 years of age: The recommended dose is 1 or 2 inhalations, twice a day (in the morning and in the evening). The doctor may increase this to a maximum of 800 micrograms a day.
If your doctor has told you to use your Turbohaler once a day:
- Adults and children (13 years and above): The recommended dose is 1 or 2 inhalations, in the evening. If your asthma is getting worse and you are using your ‘reliever inhaler’ more often or if you have more symptoms:
- double your dose immediately and talk to your doctor as soon as possible
- double your dose by taking the same number of inhalations your doctor has told you twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening).
For use in Children (5 - 12 years of age): The recommended dose is 1 or 2 inhalations, in the evening. The maximum dose is 400 micrograms a day.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Pulmicort Turbohaler Patient Leaflet
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
We will dispatch your order using our express next-day courier service from our pharmacy partners across the UK. You will receive your treatment discreetly to the comfort of your home/ selected address.
Is Pulmicort inhaler a steroid?
Yes, the Pulmicort Turbohaler contains an active ingredient which is classed as a corticosteroid.
How many puffs are in a Pulmicort Turbohaler?
Pulmicort Turbohaler 100 contains 200 doses (inhalations). Each metered dose contains 100 micrograms of budesonide.
Pulmicort Turbohaler 200 contains 100 doses (inhalations). Each metered dose contains 200 micrograms of budesonide.
Pulmicort Turbohaler 400 contains 50 doses (inhalations). Each metered dose contains 400 micrograms of budesonide.
When do you take Pulmicort Turbohaler?
If you are taking your Turbohaler twice a day, then you should take one dose in the morning and one in the evening.
If you have been instructed to take your Turbohaler once a day, then you should use your inhaler at the same time each evening.
Can you use the Pulmicort Turbohaler if you are pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
Do not use Pulmicort Turbohaler unless your doctor tells you to. If you get pregnant while using Pulmicort Turbohaler, do not stop using Pulmicort Turbohaler but talk to your doctor immediately.
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.