Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Wegovy Weight Loss Injections
Proven to support weight loss and reduce appetite.
Individuals lose 15% bodyweight...
Wegovy Weight Loss Injections
Proven to support weight loss and reduce appetite.
Individuals lose 15% bodyweight on average
Your program includes clinicians, tracking and medical professionals
If you haven't used any weight loss medication in the past two weeks, you will also be prescribed the 0.25mg starting dose.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free tracked delivery
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Description of Wegovy
What is Wegovy?
Wegovy is a (semaglutide) is an injectable preparation containing a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. It is designed for once-weekly subcutaneous administration and is indicated for the treatment of adults with obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m² or greater, or overweight (BMI of 27 kg/m² or greater) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbidity, such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidaemia.
How does it work?
Wegovy contains the active ingredient semaglutide which acts by mimicking the effects of the body's endogenous GLP-1 hormone. GLP-1 is an incretin hormone that regulates appetite and food intake. When bound to its receptor, semaglutide promotes insulin secretion, reduces glucagon secretion, and slows gastric emptying. These combined actions contribute to the reduction in blood glucose and body weight.
Is Wegovy right for me?
If you suffer from obesity or obesity-related issues Wegovy may be an effective alternative treatment for you.
However, it is not suitable if you have the following:
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- if you are allergic to any ingredients in the medication
- if thyroid cancer runs in your family, or you have a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC)
- if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
Dosage & Pricing of Wegovy
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Wegovy
The starting recommended dose is 0.25 with the dose increasing to 2.4 mg taken once a week, or as recommended by a healthcare provider
The increase of dosage will be gradual, increase every 4 weeks until the recommended dose of 2.4 mg is reached. This will be explained by the prescriber.
|0.25mg||Weeks 1 - 4||£192.50|
|0.5mg||Weeks 5 - 8||£225|
|1mg||Weeks 9 - 12||£225|
|1.7mg||Weeks 13 - 16||£259|
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Side Effects of Wegovy
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur.
- Complications of diabetic eye disease
- stomach pain
- stomach bloating or gas
- feeling of tiredness
- feeling of weakness
- feeling dizzy
- hair loss
- heartburn or reflux
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Delivery of Wegovy
All Wegovy orders will be delivered in the period of 3-5 days. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24 Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
How to use Wegovy?
Always use Wegovy exactly as prescribed by your doctor or as advised by the pharmacist.
Wegovy use is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Wegovy should be injected under the skin, do not inject a muscle or vein. Wegovy may be injected around the stomach, upper arms or upper legs.
- Before use, confirm the correct dosage is displayed on the dial of the pen.
- Check that the liquid is colourless and clear. Make sure to use a new needle for each injection.
- When ready to use, tear off the paper tab and push the needle into the pen, turning it until it is on tight.
- Remove both caps covering the needle, keep the outer needle cap to dispose of the needle afterwards. (Before first use check the pen's flow, for instruction, please review the patient leaflet)
- Select the correct dosage and choose where you would like to inject the pen.
- Inject the needle into the selected area, then press and hold the dose button, slowly count to 6 until the -0- is displayed.
- Remove the needle from the skin and safely dispose of the needle. Do not store pen with the needle attached.
If unsure of how to use Wegovy or if you have further questions, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Warning and Precautions of Wegovy
Wegovy may not be safe if used with certain medications or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT use Wegovy:
- If taking any other medication, please consult with your provider before using the medication.
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Wegovy Patient Leaflet
Take our free online assessment to see eligibility and what treatment suits you best.
Get your treatments delivered to your door for free, with express cold chain delivery.
Start your journey
Participants using GLP-1 medication lost
5 times more weight than with diet & exercise alone¹.
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely. If you are eligible for treatment you will be asked to upload an ID and whole body picture.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
What happens if Wegovy is sold out?
Note: Due to high demand for Wegovy, this product may not always be available, in this instance you will be offered an appropriate alternative.
How do I store Wegovy?
Wegovy should be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Our partners deliver the medication via cold chain delivery so that it does not spoil.
The patient should never freeze Wegovy and should keep it away from heat and light. Always keep the pen cap on when not in use.
Do I need to take Wegovy with a meal?
It's not necessary for the patient to take Wegovy with a meal. However, it's crucial to follow the dosing instructions provided by their healthcare provider and to administer the medication consistently as prescribed.
Why am I not losing weight on Wegovy?
There are several reasons a patient might not lose weight on Wegovy. Individual responses to medications can vary. Factors such as diet, exercise, other health conditions, other medications being taken, and adherence to the prescribed dose can impact weight loss. The patient should discuss their concerns with their healthcare provider to evaluate the potential reasons and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
What foods to avoid when taking Wegovy?
There isn't a specific list of foods that patients must avoid while taking Wegovy. However, for the best results in weight management, patients should adhere to a balanced diet and follow any dietary recommendations provided by their healthcare provider. Combining Wegovy with a healthy diet and regular exercise can enhance its effectiveness.
How do I dispose of Wegovy?
Wegovy needles need to be disposed of in a yellow sharps bin, which we can provide you with upon request. Once the bin is full you will need to contact your local council to dispose of the bin, or it can be disposed of at your local pharmacy.
How do I switch from Saxenda to Wegovy?
The patient should discuss with their healthcare provider for specific guidance on transitioning from Saxenda to Wegovy. The provider will evaluate the patient's current medication regimen and health status and provide recommendations on how to make the switch safely and effectively.
What is the difference between Ozempic and Wegovy?
Both Ozempic and Wegovy contain the active ingredient semaglutide. However, Ozempic is primarily approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, while Wegovy is approved for chronic weight management in adults who are overweight or have obesity and have at least one weight-related health condition. The dosing, formulation, and administration frequency might also differ between the two medications.
Who makes Wegovy?
Wegovy is manufactured by Novo Nordisk, a global healthcare company.
Welzo Wegovy is shipped within 3 - 5 days in discreet cold-chain packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.
Buy Wegovy Weight Loss Injection
What is Wegovy?
Wegovy is a cutting-edge weight loss injection designed to assist adults in effectively managing obesity. Comprising the active ingredient semaglutide, this innovative medication is intended for individuals with a body mass index (BMI) over 30, as well as those with a BMI over 27 who have weight-related conditions such as high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes. Administered once a week, Wegovy supports weight loss by acting as a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, increasing feelings of fullness and satiety, ultimately leading to reduced food intake. While the drug has demonstrated significant potential in clinical trials, it is essential to use Wegovy alongside a comprehensive weight management plan that includes a reduced-calorie diet and regular exercise to ensure optimal results.
What is the price of Wegovy?
Wegovy is priced as follows:
0.25mg - £275
1mg - £275
1.7mg - £345
2.4mg - 395
How does Wegovy work?
Wegovy works by utilising its active ingredient, semaglutide, which acts as a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. GLP-1 is a naturally occurring hormone that plays a vital role in regulating blood sugar levels and appetite. When semaglutide binds to the GLP-1 receptors, it mimics the effects of the GLP-1 hormone, leading to a series of physiological responses.
One of the primary effects of semaglutide is its ability to slow down gastric emptying, the process by which food leaves the stomach and enters the small intestine. This delay in gastric emptying contributes to increased feelings of fullness and satiety, resulting in reduced food intake. Additionally, semaglutide has a direct impact on appetite regulation by interacting with the hypothalamus, a region of the brain responsible for controlling hunger and satiety signals.
Through these combined actions, Wegovy effectively reduces overall caloric intake, leading to weight loss. It is crucial to note, however, that Wegovy should be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and regular physical activity as part of a comprehensive weight management plan to achieve optimal results.
How to Take Wegovy: Wegovy Dosing Chart
- First Month: Begin with a weekly dose of 0.25 mg of Wegovy.
- Second Month: Increase to a weekly dose of 0.5 mg.
- Third Month: Raise your weekly dose to 1 mg.
- Fourth Month: Increase once more to a weekly dose of 1.7 mg.
- Fifth Month and Beyond: Utilize the full weekly dose of 2.4 mg.
Is Wegovy Effective for Weight Loss?
Patients on Wegovy lost -14.9% reduction in body weight over a 68 week period, in comparison to -2.4% reduction in body weight by patients with placebo, according to Novo Nordisk.
Clinical trials, such as those within the STEP program, have evidenced significant weight reductions, with participants losing an average of 15% of their body weight across 68 weeks (Wilding et al., 2021). Such findings have been hailed as "unprecedented" by experts like Dr. Robert F. Kushner, a Professor of Medicine.
What are the different strengths of Wegovy?
Wegovy is available in different strengths, starting at 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 1.7 mg and 2.4mg for weekly injections. These varying strengths allow healthcare professionals to personalise the approach to obesity management and tailor the treatment plan to individual patients' needs.
The different strengths of Wegovy enable healthcare professionals to adjust the dosage based on a patient's response to the medication and their tolerance to any potential side effects. Typically, the initial dosage of Wegovy is low, and it is gradually increased over time. This titration process helps minimise the risk of side effects and allows patients to adjust to the medication more comfortably.
It is essential to note that the specific strengths of Wegovy may vary depending on the country or region in which it is available. Additionally, the exact dosing regimen should always be determined by a healthcare professional based on a patient's medical history, weight loss goals, and any existing medical conditions.
Where can I buy Wegovy UK?
Wegovy Boots: Does Boots Sell Wegovy?
Yes Boots does sell Wegovy in the UK. Boots price for Wegovy starts from £199 per month, and currently has a waiting list for UK customers. Orders for Boots can be placed on their website directly.
Wegovy NHS: Does the NHS Offer Wegovy?
The NHS offers Wegovy for weight management in line with NICE guidance, this is partnered with a calorie deficit and physical activity programs.
Does Superdrug sell Wegovy?
Superdrug is offering Wegovy through its Health Clinic as a private weight loss service. The cost for a month’s supply of Wegovy at Superdrug is reported to be between £195-£295
Wegovy vs Ozempic: What is the difference?
Both Wegovy and Ozempic are brand names for the drug semaglutide, marketed by Novo Nordisk. Ozempic is used for type 2 diabetes treatment and to reduce the risk of major cardiovascular events in certain patients, while Wegovy is used for chronic weight management in adults with obesity or overweight with at least one weight-related condition. They come in different strengths and have different dosing requirements.
Can I buy Wegovy privately in the UK?
It is possible to buy Wegovy privately in the UK. Several online pharmacies and doctor services offer the ability to request Wegovy injection pens following an online consultation and prescription from a registered doctor
Wegovy NICE Guidelines
The NICE guidelines for Wegovy use in the NHS involve its use for weight management as part of a comprehensive treatment plan including a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity. For more information click here.
Wegovy BNF Information
For detailed prescribing and drug interaction information, the British National Formulary (BNF) would be the authoritative source. This information is typically accessed by healthcare professionals and may require a subscription or professional credentials to access. For BNF Wegovy information click here.
How should Wegovy be taken?
Wegovy should be taken as a subcutaneous injection, which means it is injected just under the skin, typically in the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. It is essential to follow the healthcare professional's instructions and the prescription label's guidance to ensure the medication is used correctly and safely. Here are some general steps for taking Wegovy:
- Wegovy is administered once a week on a consistent day and time. Choose a day and time that is convenient and easy to remember.
- Before injecting, ensure that your hands are clean and that the injection site is clean and dry. It is recommended to rotate injection sites to avoid skin irritation or discomfort.
- Carefully follow the healthcare professional's instructions on preparing the injection. Remove the medication from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before use. Inspect the medication to ensure it is clear and colourless, and discard it if it appears cloudy or discoloured.
- Using the provided needle and syringe or a prefilled pen, draw the prescribed dose of Wegovy. Follow the healthcare professional's guidance on how to safely attach and use the needle.
- Gently pinch the skin at the injection site, insert the needle at a 45-degree angle, and inject the medication slowly and steadily.
- Safely dispose of the used needle and syringe or the needle from the prefilled pen in a sharps container, following local guidelines for proper disposal.
- Monitor for any side effects and report them to your healthcare professional.
It is important to remember that Wegovy should be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and regular physical activity as part of a comprehensive weight management plan. Do not alter the prescribed dose or discontinue the medication without consulting your healthcare professional.
Can Wegovy be bought through an Online Pharmacy?
Yes, Wegovy can be bought through an online pharmacy, provided that the pharmacy is licensed and authorised to sell medications in your region. To purchase Wegovy online, you will typically need a valid prescription from a healthcare professional.
Before buying Wegovy or any other medication from an online pharmacy, it is essential to verify the pharmacy's legitimacy to ensure that you receive genuine and safe medications. You can do this by checking for certifications, seals, or licenses on the website, or by consulting regulatory bodies in your country.
Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication, including Wegovy, as part of a comprehensive weight management plan that includes a reduced-calorie diet and regular physical activity.
What are the advantages of Wegovy?
Wegovy offers several advantages as a weight loss medication, making it an attractive option for individuals struggling with obesity and weight-related health conditions. Some of the key advantages of Wegovy include:
- Effective weight loss: Clinical trials have demonstrated significant weight loss in patients treated with Wegovy. The medication can help individuals achieve considerable and sustained weight loss when used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity.
- Improvement in obesity-related health conditions: Wegovy has been shown to improve various weight-related health markers, such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar control. These improvements can help reduce the risk of health complications associated with obesity, such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and certain cancers.
- Convenient administration: Wegovy is administered as a once-weekly injection, which may be more convenient for some patients compared to daily oral medications or other weight loss injections. This convenience factor can lead to improved patient compliance, increasing the likelihood of successful weight loss and long-term health benefits.
- Gradual titration of dosage: Wegovy is available in different strengths, allowing healthcare professionals to adjust the dosage based on a patient's response to the medication and their tolerance to any potential side effects. This personalised approach can help optimise the treatment plan for each individual.
- Comprehensive weight management: Wegovy can be used as part of a holistic weight management plan that includes a balanced, reduced-calorie diet and regular physical activity. By combining pharmacological intervention with sustainable lifestyle changes, individuals can maximise the benefits of Wegovy treatment and work towards achieving long-term weight loss success.
In summary, the advantages of Wegovy lie in its effectiveness, convenience, and potential to improve overall health and quality of life for individuals struggling with obesity and weight-related health conditions.
What causes Obesity?
Obesity is considered to be a complex issue with many potential causes. Obesity and increased body
weight are likely to happen when surplus calories are consumed, particularly from foods high in fats and sugars.
The prevalence of obesity these days is due to change in our lifestyle which makes it harder for people to eat healthily and do enough physical activity. Genetics also play an important role, as it determines how the energy from the food you consume is utilised and stored in your body. There are some underlying health conditions such as hypothyroidism that may contribute to weight-gain. However, if treated effectively with medicines then they do not contribute much to weight related problems.
Also, some medications such as steroids, medicines to treat high-blood pressure and mental health
conditions may contribute to weight-gain.
The best way to treat obesity is to create a caloric deficit, to eat a well-balanced diet and to exercise
regularly. Taking up physical activities such as fast-paced walking, jogging or swimming for 2.5 to 5 hours per week would be considered a decent amount of physical activity. You may also benefit from receiving support and counseling from a trained healthcare professional to gain a better insight into your
relationship with food and develop healthier eating habits.
And if lifestyle and behavioural changes alone do not help to lose weight there are medicinal treatments available to assist with weight loss.
Semaglutide (Wegovy) for Weight Loss
There are several treatments available as adjuncts to a calorie-controlled diet and increased physical activity for weight-loss. Here, we will discuss a novel GLP-1 (glucagon-like-peptide) analogue,
Semaglutide. Semaglutide works by acting like a hormone in the body that alerts brain receptors involved
in food intake and appetite regulation. It is known to reduce food cravings, regulates appetite and slows gastric emptying, which means it keeps you fuller for longer. As a result of these it makes you consume less calories, resulting in weight-loss.
Wegovy is a licensed in the UK for the treatment of obesity in adults. It is used in addition to diet and
exercise for long-term weight management. It is licensed for adults who are either obese (BMI ≥30kg/m2) or overweight (BMI ≥ 27 kg/m2) with at least one weight-related comorbidity such as high-blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol.
Wegovy is usually taken as a weekly injection (under the skin), and it comes in 5 different strengths. The
user begins the treatment with 0.25mg per week which is to be used for the first 4 weeks and then increase it to 0.5mg, then 1mg, to 1.7mg, eventually reaching the maintenance dose of 2.4mg per weekly. To reach the maintenance dose, it will take a minimum of 17 weeks as increase in strength is done monthly and in a
clinically suitable and approved manner. Also, the clinicians take individual circumstances in account before recommending a higher dose as it may not be suitable for everyone to increase the dose as per the guidelines.
When do you see the benefits after using Wegovy
Weight loss may begin within the first 4 weeks of treatment with Wegovy, but the full effects of treatment may not be seen for several months or longer.
➔ In studies, weight loss in adults was assessed over a 68-week period.
➔ Patients using wegovy lost an average of 35 lbs (15.9 kg), or about 15% of their body weight
compared to 6 lbs (2.7 kg), or roughly 2.5% body weight in the placebo group.
➔ Overall, after 68 weeks, 83% of adults taking Wegovy lost 5% or more of their weight compared to
31% of adults taking a placebo.
What are the disadvantages of Wegovy?
While Wegovy offers several advantages as a weight loss medication, it also has some disadvantages that should be considered. Some of the key disadvantages of Wegovy include:
- Side effects: Wegovy can cause side effects in some patients, including gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and constipation. Although these side effects are usually mild and tend to subside over time, they can be bothersome for some individuals and may lead to discontinuation of the medication.
- Injection administration: Wegovy is administered as a once-weekly subcutaneous injection, which may be inconvenient or uncomfortable for some patients, especially those who are averse to needles or self-injections.
- Cost: Wegovy can be relatively expensive compared to other weight loss medications, which may make it less accessible for some individuals, particularly those without insurance coverage or in regions where the medication is not subsidised by the healthcare system.
- Limited availability: Wegovy may not be available in all countries or regions, and its accessibility may be limited depending on local regulations and licensing requirements.
- Not a standalone solution: Wegovy should not be considered a standalone solution for weight loss. It must be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity as part of a comprehensive weight management plan. This may require significant commitment and lifestyle changes on the part of the patient.
- Contraindications and precautions: Wegovy may not be suitable for all individuals, particularly those with specific medical conditions, pregnant or breastfeeding women, or those taking certain medications. It is essential to consult a healthcare professional to determine if Wegovy is an appropriate treatment option based on individual circumstances.
I paid for my order on 16th November and still have not received any items. Contacted customer service numerous times and was promised a new prescription had been made but still that never arrived. Contacted them again and still they pass it to a pharmacist. They just blame third parties. I have now started a claim through PayPal. I recommend people stay well away from this company.
I'm finally starting to lose weight👍
I was very sceptical despite all the reviews as I’m a comfort eater but wow I can’t believe it. I’m not really that hungry and I’m not looking to pick. I’m converted! Can’t wait to see weight loss results.
- Wegovy Comprehensive Guide
- Is Wegovy the Same as Semaglutide?
- Wegovy vs Orlistat - What’s the difference?
- Can you get Wegovy on the NHS?
- Wegovy Before and After Photos
- Wegovy vs. Saxenda
- When will Wegovy be Available in the UK?
- Wegovy vs Ozempic: Whats the difference?
- Where to buy WeGovy in the UK?
- 7 Side Effects of Wegovy