Elleste Solo Information Disclaimer
Please note that we do not distribute or sell Elleste Solo. The content provided on this webpage is intended solely for informational and educational purposes. It should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendation. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional for personalised medical advice and treatment options.
Elleste Solo is a prescription hormone replacement therapy (HRT). As an oestrogen HRT, this medication is suitable for...
Elleste Solo is a prescription hormone replacement therapy (HRT). As an oestrogen HRT, this medication is suitable for women who are experiencing symptoms of menopause and are looking for short-term treatment.
Important information: Welzo does not offer controlled substances or all prescription items on the website. This page should only be regarded for informational purposes if this is a controlled substance or an item we do not offer for regulatory reasons.
What is Elleste Solo?
Elleste Solo is a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medicine that contains the female hormone oestrogen. HRT medications are used to relieve the symptoms associated with menopause that occur when oestrogen levels begin to drop.
How does it work?
Elleste Solo contains the ingredient estradiol hemihydrate, which works to provide the body with the oestrogen that it is no longer producing. This will then lessen the menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.
Is Elleste Solo suitable for me?
You will only be prescribed Elleste Solo if your symptoms seriously hinder your life.
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur.
- Feeling sick,
- Abdominal pain,
- An increase in size of leiomyoma (benign tumor of the womb),
- Breakthrough bleeding,
- Disturbed menstruation period (metrorrhagia),
- Irregular cycles,
- Uterine/vaginal bleeding including spotting,
- Changes in weight,
- Oedema (swelling) of legs,
- Breast tenderness and enlargement,
- Mood alterations including anxiety and depressed mood,
- Changes in sex drive,
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Elleste Solo.
If you are still having regular periods:
- Take your first tablet on the first day of bleeding
If you are not having regular periods, you can start straight away:
- Take one tablet each day. You can take the tablet at a time of the day that suits you. But it is best to take it about the same time each day.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Elleste Solo Patient Leaflet
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
Can I get Elleste Solo on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Elleste Solo on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Elleste Solo from the NHS.
Can you get Elleste Solo over the counter?
No, you can’t get Elleste Solo over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Elleste Solo is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Elleste Solo online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched.
Is Elleste Solo safe?
If you have been prescribed Elleste Solo then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Elleste Solo then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Elleste Solo?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Elleste Solo from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Elleste Solo, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Elleste Solo from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Elleste Solo, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Elleste Solo from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Elleste Solo, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.
How long does Elleste Solo take to work?
The time it takes for a Elleste Solo to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Elleste Solo may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Elleste Solo?
The effectiveness of Elleste Solo can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Elleste Solo?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Elleste Solo.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Elleste Solo in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Elleste Solo in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Elleste Solo is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Are Elleste Solo users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Elleste Solo at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Elleste Solo head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Elleste Solo from an online pharmacy?
This is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Elleste Solo cost?
The costs of Elleste Solo are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as we do not sell Elleste Solo.
Can I have Elleste Solo and alcohol?
Cutting down on substances like caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods may help to reduce some menopausal symptoms, such as hot flushes.
Alcohol is not listed as a substance you need to avoid while taking this medicine. However, speak with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
What hormone is Elleste Solo?
Elleste Solo contains the active ingredient estradiol, which is a replacement for the oestrogen hormone.
Does Elleste Solo cause weight gain?
One of the listed 'common' (may affect up to 1 in 10 people) side effects is changes in weight.
If this is a concern to you, speak with your doctor.
Who should not take Elleste Solo?
Do not take Elleste Solo if:
- If you have or have ever had breast cancer, or if you are suspected of having it.
- If you have cancer which is sensitive to oestrogens, such as cancer of the womb lining (endometrium), or if you are suspected of having it.
- If you have any unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- If you have excessive thickening of the womb lining (endometrial hyperplasia) that is not being treated.
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in a vein (thrombosis), such as in the legs (deep venous thrombosis) or the lungs (pulmonary embolism).
- If you have a blood clotting disorder (such as protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency).
- If you have or recently have had a disease caused by blood clots in the arteries, such as a heart attack, stroke or angina.
- If you have or have ever had a liver disease and your liver function tests have not returned to normal.
- If you have a rare blood problem called “porphyria” which is passed down in families (inherited).
- If you are allergic to estradiol hemihydrate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
It's important to choose a healthcare provider that is reliable and trustworthy. You should feel confident that they are providing you with quality products and services.