Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Sunya is a combined contraceptive pill synthetic versions of the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free UK delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Sunya as a Contraception
Sunya is a form of combined contraception that is taken to prevent unwanted pregnancy for women. It is an oral birth control pill to be taken consecutively for 21 days with a 7-day break or alternatively, depending on your consultation with the GP or doctor. It also helps alleviate symptoms of menstruation.
What is Sunya and how does it work?
The pill contains synthetic progesterone and oestrogen. These hormones are also produced by the body. Sunya works by altering the hormonal balance of the body to prevent ovulation by making the lining of the uterus less receptive to egg implantation.
Is Sunya right for me?
If you are looking for an effective oral contraceptive, Sunya may be right for you. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to the ingredients in Sunya
- If you have ever had a blood clot or are at risk of a blood clot
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you need an operation or if you are on your feet for a long time
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have ever had a migraine with aura
- If you are suspected of having breast cancer
- If you have unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- If you are taking medication for hepatitis C
Sunya Side Effects
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Sunya. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Sunya, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
Sunya Patient Information Leaftlet
Sunya is used as an oral birth control for women taken consecutively for 21 days.
It is 99% effective at preventing unwanted pregnancy if taken correctly.
How to take Sunya?
Always take Sunya exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist.
- Sunya should be taken every day for 21 days
- Take your pill at the same time every day
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week
- Follow the directions of the arrows on the strip and take a pill every day until you have finished all 21
- Then have 7 pill-free days
- Start your next strip of Sunya after the 7 pill-free days, even if you are still bleeding
- It can be taken with or without food, if necessary with a small amount of water
- You must not take Sunya if you are pregnant
- It is not advised to take Sunya while breast-feeding
Sunya Warnings and Precautions
Sunya may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Sunya if you are taking:
- ciclosporin (medicine used for the treatment of suppression of tissue rejection following transplant surgery)
- St. John's wort (herbal remedy to treat depression)
- primidone, phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, felbamate, rufinamide, perampanel to treat epilepsy
- rifampicin for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV and Hepatitis C Virus infections (so-called protease inhibitors and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors such as ritonavir, nevirapin, efavirenz)
- griseofulvin for fungal infections
- bosnetan for increase of blood pressure in the lung vasculature
- modafinil for sleeping disorders
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.