Who is this for?
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free UK delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
What is Ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen is a medication that works to reduce pain and inflammation. It belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), which are often used to treat painful swelling and inflammation as a result of soft tissue injuries, arthritic disease or degenerative arthritic conditions.
How does it work?
NSAID medications work by reducing the number of hormones that are causing pain and swelling in the body.
Is Ibuprofen suitable for me?
You should not take ibuprofen if you are pregnant or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs.
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur. In rare cases, this product may cause local irritation to the skin that may result in:
- Digestive tract ulcer with or without perforation,
Bowel inflammation and worsening of inflammation of the colon (colitis) and digestive tract (Crohn’s disease) and complications of diverticula of the large bowel (perforation or fistula),
Microscopic bleeding from the intestine which may result in anemia,
Mouth ulcers and inflammation (ulcerative stomatitis),
Headache, sleepiness, vertigo, dizziness, fatigue, agitation, insomnia and irritability.
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Ibuprofen
The recommended dose of ibuprofen per day is between 1200mg to 1800mg which should be divided into doses.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Ibuprofen Patient Leaflet
Add your item to the cart and checkout securely using our express checkout online.
Once you have placed an order you should receive it the next working day if you placed the order before 14:00 or the day after if placed after 14:00.
It is that straightforward, you will now receive your order to the comfort of your home or delivery address.
Buy Ibuprofen Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the manufacturer guidelines and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
Buy Ibuprofen online with Welzo and receive your order with express shipping directly to your address of choice. Welzo is the UK's leading online pharmacy and home health testing platform, with over 3000 items available online. Welzo is an approved seller of Ibuprofen. Order Ibuprofen to the comfort of your home.
Can I buy Ibuprofen in the UK?
Yes, Ibuprofen is available to purchase in the United Kingdom. You will be able to purchase Ibuprofen both from your local store/pharmacy or online.
Where can I buy Ibuprofen?
You can buy Ibuprofen online and in-store from your local pharmacy. Ibuprofen is also available with express shipping from Welzo.com.
How to use Ibuprofen
To use Ibuprofen correctly, it is important to follow the instructions/information leaflet that comes with the product. Read all of the information thoroughly before taking the product. If you have any further questions about how to take Ibuprofen, please contact Welzo via the help centre and we will be happy to help.
What is Ibuprofen?
For more information on Ibuprofen scroll up to the description at the top of the product page which will give more insight into what Ibuprofen is.
What is the shelf life of Ibuprofen?
The shelf life of Ibuprofen can be determined by reading the expiry date on the product itself. Other factors such as storage conditions can impact the shelf life of Ibuprofen.
How should I store Ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen should be stored as per the manufacturer guidelines and information leaflet that comes with the product packaging.
When storing Ibuprofen, it is crucial to follow the guidelines listed below in order to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the medicine:
- Read the label of Ibuprofen: Always read the label and/ or manufacturer guidelines that comes with Ibuprofen for specific storage instructions, as different products may require unique conditions.
- Keep in a cool, dry place: Generally, most OTC medications should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. Avoid storing medicines in a bathroom cabinet or near a radiator, as temperature and humidity fluctuations may affect their potency.
- Maintain proper temperature: The ideal temperature for storing most medications is between 15°C and 25°C. If a specific temperature range is recommended on the label of Ibuprofen, make sure to follow it closely.
- Use original packaging of Ibuprofen: Keep the medication in its original container or packaging, which often provides protection from light and moisture. Additionally, original packaging usually contains important information such as the expiry date, dosage instructions, and potential side effects.
- Keep out of reach of children: Store medications in a secure location that is out of sight and reach of children to prevent accidental ingestion or misuse.
- Monitor expiry dates: Regularly check the expiry dates of your OTC medications and dispose of any expired or unused medication safely, in accordance with local regulations or your pharmacist's advice.
How should I take Ibuprofen?
When taking Ibuprofen, it is essential to follow the guidelines below to ensure safety and achieve the desired results:
- Read the label: Carefully read the label or enclosed leaflet that comes with the Ibuprofen for specific instructions on dosage, frequency, and any potential side effects or interactions.
- Follow dosage recommendations: Adhere to the recommended dosage and avoid taking more than the suggested amount, as this may lead to adverse effects or reduced effectiveness.
- Take with or without food: Some medications or supplements may require consumption with food to aid in absorption or prevent stomach irritation, while others should be taken on an empty stomach. Follow the instructions provided on the label or leaflet of Ibuprofen.
- Be mindful of timing: Take the medication or supplement at the specified intervals or times of day, as recommended on the label, to ensure optimal effectiveness.
- Check for interactions: If you are taking multiple medications or supplements, consult your pharmacist or healthcare professional to ensure there are no potential interactions that could affect their efficacy or cause adverse effects.
- Monitor side effects: If you experience any unusual or severe side effects while taking the medication or supplement, discontinue use and consult your healthcare professional immediately.
- Seek professional advice: If you have any concerns or questions about taking a specific medication or supplement, consult your pharmacist or healthcare professional for further guidance.
What are the side effects of Ibuprofen?
The side effects of an over-the-counter (OTC) medication or supplement can be diverse, and may include mild, moderate, or severe reactions.
If you are taking Ibuprofen for the first time, it is important to monitor any adverse or allergic reactions. Ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in Ibuprofen before taking. If you experience an allergic reaction please discontinue use of Ibuprofen and seek immediate medical attention.
For information on the specific side effects of Ibuprofen read the information leaflet/label that comes with Ibuprofen.
It is important to note that not everyone will experience side effects, and the severity or type of side effects may differ from person to person. Factors such as individual sensitivity, dosage, and interactions with other medications or supplements can influence the occurrence and intensity of side effects.
If you encounter any concerning side effects while taking Ibuprofen, stop using the product and consult a healthcare professional promptly. They can advise you on whether it is safe to continue using the product or recommend an alternative treatment.
Always consult a pharmacist or healthcare professional before starting any new OTC medication or supplement, particularly if you have pre-existing health conditions, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are taking other medications.
How does Ibuprofen work?
The way an over-the-counter (OTC) medication or supplement works depends on the active ingredients it contains, as well as the intended purpose of the product. Generally, OTC medications and supplements are formulated to target specific symptoms, conditions, or to support overall health and well-being.
Can Ibuprofen be used by children and infants?
Read the information leaflet/label of Ibuprofen to find out if it can be used by children/infants. Furthermore, it depends on various factors, including the child's age, weight, health conditions, and the specific product in question. It is essential to exercise caution when administering any medication or supplement to a child.
- Read the label: Carefully examine the label or enclosed leaflet of the Ibuprofen for information on age restrictions, dosages, and any specific warnings or contraindications for children.
- Age-appropriate products: Some OTC medications and supplements are specifically formulated for children, with adjusted dosages and child-friendly forms, such as chewable tablets, liquid suspensions, or gummies. Opt for these products when available and follow the instructions provided for the child's age group.
- Consult a healthcare professional: If you are unsure whether Ibuprofen is suitable for your child, it is always best to consult a pharmacist, doctor, or paediatrician for advice. They can provide guidance on the appropriateness, dosage, and potential side effects of the product for your child.
- Monitor for side effects: Children may be more susceptible to side effects or adverse reactions from medications or supplements. Closely observe your child for any signs of side effects or discomfort, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
Can I buy Ibuprofen from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase over-the-counter medication, including Ibuprofen, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Ibuprofen from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Ibuprofen, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Ibuprofen from Amazon?
Amazon does not always sell all over the counter products such as Ibuprofen, that we offer, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see if they offer Ibuprofen
What is the difference between ibuprofen and paracetamol?
Ibuprofen and paracetamol are both effective medications for treating pain. Ibuprofen may be more suited for treating period pain, toothaches, migraines, back pain and strains or sprains. Paracetamol is typically used to treat mild to moderate pain caused by a headache or stomach ache.
How long does it take for ibuprofen to work?
It will typically take between 20 to 30 minutes to feel better after taking ibuprofen.
Is this medication suitable for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
Who shouldn't take ibuprofen?
It is recommended that you speak to a doctor before taking this medication if you have one of the following conditions:
Talk to your doctor before taking Ibuprofen
- if you have Systemic Lupus erythematosus (SLE) or mixed connective tissue diseases,
- if you have inherited a disorder of the red blood pigment haemoglobin (porphyria),
- if you have chronic inflammatory intestinal diseases such as inflammation of the colon with ulcers (ulcerative colitis), inflammation affecting the digestive tract (Crohn’s disease) or other stomach or intestinal diseases,
- if you have disturbances in the formation of blood cells,
- if you have problems with normal blood clotting mechanism,
- if you suffer from allergies, hay fever, asthma, chronic swelling of nasal mucosa, sinuses, adenoids, or chronic obstructive disorders of the respiratory tract because the risk for developing narrowing of the airways with difficulty in breathing (bronchospasm) is greater,
- if you have liver, kidney or heart problems,
- if you have just had major surgery,
- if you are in the first six months of pregnancy,
- if you are breast-feeding,
- if you have an infection .
Can I take ibuprofen for a long time?
You should speak with your doctor before you continue to use ibuprofen for more than 10 days.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
Welzo over the counter products are shipped out for next day delivery if placed before 14:00.
We only work with UK based pharmacies. All of our pharmacy partners are registered with GPhC.
We are rated 4.9 out of 5 by over 23,000 customers online. Making us the highest rated online pharmacy in the UK.
When it comes to medication, it's important to be diligent about taking it as prescribed. Automatic refills can help you stay on track.