Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Levitra is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). The active ingredient vardenafil increases blood flow to the penis, but does not cure ED or increase sexual desire.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Levitra for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is the physical inability to obtain or sustain an erection long enough for sexual activity. This is usually caused by a lack of blood flow to the penis due to the vasoconstriction of the blood vessels. There are several medical conditions that may cause ED, the most common include diabetes, hormone imbalances, high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
This is a very common condition that affects around 1 in 10 men, particularly adult men over 40. Levitra is a prescription medication used to treat ED and is available in film-coated or orodispersible tablet form.
What is Levitra and how does it work?
Levitra contains the active ingredient vardenafil which belongs to a group of medicines known as PDE-5 inhibitors. These medicines are only effective in the presence of sexual stimulation and foreplay is recommended to encourage sufficient arousal. Levitra works by relaxing the muscles in the penis allowing for increased blood flow to achieve and maintain a firm erection.
Levitra is not recommended for women.
The active substance vardenafil is also useful in treating other conditions along with erectile dysfunction. Please consult a Doctor, a Pharmacist or relevant product literature for more information.
Is Levitra right for me?
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction (impotence), Levitra may be an effective treatment. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you are allergic to vardenafil or any other ingredients in this medicine
- If you are taking medicines containing nitrates or are taking riociguat,
- If you are over 75 years of age, are taking ketoconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines.
- If you are taking ritonavir or indinavir, medicines used to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections.
- If you have galactose intolerance
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have had a stroke or heart attack in the last 6 months
- If you have Peyronie's disease or a physical deformity of the penis
- If you have sickle cell anaemia or any bleeding disorders
- If you have a rare inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Levitra. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Levitra, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Nasal congestion
Levitra Patient Information Leaflet
Levitra is suitable for men living with diabetes.
Levitra is not suitable for women.
Levitra can last for 5 hours.
How to take Levitra?
Always take Levitra exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist. The recommended starting dose is 10mg, however, in presence of other factors, this may be increased or decreased accordingly as per the prescriber's clinical judgement.
- Levitra should be taken 25-60 minutes before you wish to have sexual intercourse
- For film-coated tablets: swallow one tablet with a glass of water.
- For orodispersible tablets:
- Do not remove the orodispersible tablet from the blister until you are going to take it.
- With dry hands press gently to release the tablet on your hand. Do not crush the tablet.
- Place the entire orodispersible tablet in the mouth, on the tongue, where it will dissolve in seconds, then swallow with saliva. The orodispersible tablet must be taken without any liquid.
- The time taken for it to work may vary for different individuals
- It can be taken with or without food, however, if taken with a heavy meal it may reduce its effectiveness or take longer to work
- Avoid grapefruit juice with this medication as it may have an effect on side-effects experienced by you
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as they may affect the ability to achieve an erection as well as the effect of this medication
Only 1 dose of Levitra should be taken in 24 hours. The effect of this medicine may last for 4-5 hours after taking the initial dose.
Warnings and precautions
Do not take Levitra/Vardenafil:
If you've ever had an allergic reaction to Levitra/Vardenafil or any other ingredients listed in this medicine
- Are taking medicines called nitrates for angina (chest pain)
- Have a serious heart or liver or kidney problem
- Have low blood pressure
- Have a rare inherited eye disease, such as retinitis pigmentosa
- Have sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia, or multiple myeloma
- Have a deformity of your penis or Peyronie's disease
- If you are taking riociguat
- Have a stomach ulcer
- Have a bleeding problem like haemophilia
The above-listed warnings and drug interactions are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with any other medication.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
How it works
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Can I take Levitra with food and/or alcohol?
You can take Levitra with food, however you experience a delayed affect if taking it after a heavy meal.
Drinking grapefruit juice with Levitra is not advised as it may affect the way the medication works.
Alcohol may make the erection difficulties worse.
How long do the effects of Levitra 20mg last?
The effects of Levitra 20mg last for 4-6 hours. Levitra may be taken with or without food.
Is this medication suitable for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
What is the difference between Levitra and Viagra?
Levitra and Viagra are both PDE5 inhibitors. They work by relaxing the muscles and increasing blood flow to the body. The main difference between Levitra and Viagra is that Levitra lasts for 4-6 hours while Viagra lasts for 4 hours.
What does Levitra do?
Levitra is a prescription medication that is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). Levitra belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors, which are also known as PDE5 inhibitors. These medications work by relaxing the muscles and increasing blood flow to the body.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.