Ovestin Information Disclaimer
Please note that we do not distribute or sell Ovestin. The content provided on this webpage is intended solely for informational and educational purposes. It should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendation. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional for personalised medical advice and treatment options.
Ovestin is a medication used to treat women who experience vaginal dryness, itching or burning as well...
Ovestin is a medication used to treat women who experience vaginal dryness, itching or burning as well as discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Important information: Welzo does not offer controlled substances or all prescription items on the website. This page should only be regarded for informational purposes if this is a controlled substance or an item we do not offer for regulatory reasons.
What is Ovestin?
Ovestin is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) medication.
How does it work?
The active ingredient estriol will treat symptoms such as vaginal dryness or irritation known as 'vaginal atrophy'. These symptoms are caused by the drop in oestrogen levels when the body goes through menopause. Ovestin replaces the oestrogen that is normally produced in the ovaries.
Is Ovestin suitable for me?
This product may be used by women who are going through menopause or for those who have had their ovaries removed.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur.
- Irritation or itching of the skin in or around the vagina when you start to use the product. This will usually get better after a few weeks
- Increased vaginal discharge, bleeding or spotting
- Gall bladder problems
- Skin problems such as a rash or an allergy to the sun
- Breasts become swollen, tender or painful
- Feeling or being sick
- Flu-like symptoms
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Ovestin.
For vaginal problems:
- The usual dose is 1 applicator up to the ring (0.5mg estriol in 0.5g of cream) a day for the first 2 to 3 weeks (maximum of 4 weeks). Then the dose is 1 applicator up to the ring twice a week.
For before or after vaginal surgery:
- Before surgery - the dose is 1 applicator up to the ring (0.5mg estriol in 0.5g of cream) a day for 2 weeks before the operation
- After surgery - do not use the cream again for at least 2 weeks. Then use 1 applicator up to the ring twice a week.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Ovestin patient Leaflet
Ovestin contains the active ingredient oestradiol, which is a form of the female hormone oestrogen.
Ovestin can also be used to help reduce the risk of bone loss (osteoporosis) in postmenopausal women.
Ovestin 1mg Cream
Ovestin is available as a cream, vaginal tablet or intravaginal insert. The cream and vaginal tablet are applied directly to the inside of the vagina, while the intravaginal insert is inserted into the vagina using an applicator. Ovestin is usually used once or twice a day, depending on the condition being treated.
Ovestin Cream Side Effects
Common side effects of Ovestin include nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, bloating and fluid retention. If any of these side effects are severe or do not go away, please consult your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
Can I get Ovestin on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Ovestin on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Ovestin from the NHS.
Can you get Ovestin over the counter?
No, you can’t get Ovestin over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Ovestin is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Ovestin online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched.
Is Ovestin safe?
If you have been prescribed Ovestin then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Ovestin then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Ovestin?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Ovestin from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Ovestin, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Ovestin from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Ovestin, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Ovestin from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Ovestin, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.
How long does Ovestin take to work?
The time it takes for a Ovestin to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Ovestin may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Ovestin?
The effectiveness of Ovestin can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Ovestin?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Ovestin.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Ovestin in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Ovestin in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Ovestin is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Are Ovestin users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Ovestin at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Ovestin head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Ovestin from an online pharmacy?
This is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Ovestin cost?
The costs of Ovestin are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as we do not sell Ovestin.
Can Ovestin Cream be used for bladder problems?
Ovestin Cream is not for use in treating bladder problems. Talk to your doctor about the best treatment for your condition.
How often should Ovestin be used?
Ovestin should be used as directed by your doctor. It is generally applied once a day, or as needed. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
Is this medication suitable for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the ordear has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
How do you use Ovestin Cream?
Ovestin Cream is for use on the skin only. Do not use it on the breasts or genital area. Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area, usually once daily or as directed by your doctor. Gently rub the medicine in until it is absorbed.
What are the benefits of oestrogen cream?
Some potential benefits of using oestrogen cream include:
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- Improving skin elasticity
- Stimulating collagen production
- Lightening dark under-eye circles
- Reducing the risk of skin cancer
- Treating vaginal dryness and other vaginal changes that can occur during menopause
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
The online chat support provided by Welzo.com's customer service team is helpful and responsive.