Oxybutynin Information Disclaimer
Please note that we do not distribute or sell Oxybutynin. The content provided on this webpage is intended solely for informational and educational purposes. It should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendation. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional for personalised medical advice and treatment options.
Oxybutynin helps treat symptoms of urinary incontinence by relaxing the bladder muscles and lessening contractions and spasms. The medication helps those suffering from incontinence and allows users to control of their overactive bladders.
Oxybutynin contains the active ingredient Oxybutynin hydrochloride.
Important information: Welzo does not offer controlled substances or all prescription items on the website. This page should only be regarded for informational purposes if this is a controlled substance or an item we do not offer for regulatory reasons.
Description of Oxybutynin
What is Oxybutynin?
Oxybutynin helps treat symptoms of urinary incontinence by relaxing the bladder muscles. The medication helps those suffering from incontinence and allows users to control of their overactive bladders.
How does it work?
Oxybutynin works by reducing and relieving symptoms of urinary incontinence. The active ingredient Oxybutynin hydrochloride helps the bladder muscles relax and lessening contractions and spasms.
Is Oxybutynin suitable for me?
Oxybutynin can be used to treat overactive bladders. However it may not be suitable for you if the following applies to you:
- coronary artery disease
- any gastro-intestinal obstructions
- any bladder outflow obstructions
- severe ulcerative colitis
- myasthenia gravis
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
Dosage of Oxybutynin
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Premarin.
The starting dosage is 5mg, around 2 to 3 times a day or as recommended by a healthcare provider.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Side Effects of Oxybutynin
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur.
- dry mouth
- skin reactions
- urinary disorders
- vision disorders
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Delivery of Oxybutynin
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
How to take Oxybutynin?
Always take Oxybutynin exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist.
- Swallow the Oxybutynin tablet whole with water.
- The starting dose of immediate-release is 5mg, 2 to 3 times a day, and for modified release is once a day with gradual 5mg steps per week until reaching 20mg a day. If unsure of the correct dosage, consult with a doctor.
If unsure of how to take Oxybutynin or if you have further questions, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Precautious of Oxybutynin
Viagra connect may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications. Make sure to read the patient information leaflet.
DO NOT take Oxybutynin if taking:
- other medications used to treat urinary disorders, such as tolterodine and propiverine
- Medication to treat heart conditions
- Medication to treat psychotic disorders
- Medication used to correct disturbances in the rhythm of the heart
- Medication to treat fungal infections
- Medication to treat bacterial infections
- Medication to prevent blood clots
- anticholinergic medication
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Parkinson’s disease medication
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Oxybutynin Patient Leaflet
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
Can I get Oxybutynin on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Oxybutynin on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Oxybutynin from the NHS.
Can you get Oxybutynin over the counter?
No, you can’t get Oxybutynin over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Oxybutynin is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Oxybutynin online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched.
Is Oxybutynin safe?
If you have been prescribed Oxybutynin then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Oxybutynin then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Oxybutynin?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Oxybutynin from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Oxybutynin, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Oxybutynin from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Oxybutynin, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Oxybutynin from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Oxybutynin, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.
How long does Oxybutynin take to work?
The time it takes for a Oxybutynin to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Oxybutynin may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Oxybutynin?
The effectiveness of Oxybutynin can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Oxybutynin?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Oxybutynin.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Oxybutynin in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Oxybutynin in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Oxybutynin is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Are Oxybutynin users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Oxybutynin at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Oxybutynin head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Oxybutynin from an online pharmacy?
This is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Oxybutynin cost?
The costs of Oxybutynin are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as we do not sell Oxybutynin.
What are the ingredients in Premarin?
Premarin contains the ingredients oestrogen, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, sucrose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, macrogol, carnauba wax, edible ink and coating.
What do I do if I forget to take Premarin?
If you forget to take a tablet don’t worry. Take it as soon as you remember and then carry on taking the remaining tablets at the usual time.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
Missed tablets may cause a short period of light bleeding in women who have not had a hysterectomy.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
Is Premarin an oestrogen-only medication?
Premarin is an HRT that contains conjugated oestrogen which is a medical formula made up of several types of oestrogens.
The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, sucrose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, macrogol, carnauba wax, edible ink and coating.
What should I avoid while on Premarin?
You should avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking Premarin as it may affect the way that the medicine works.