What is Oxytetracycline?
Oxytetracycline is a prescription antibiotic medication that can treat various bacterial infections, including lung infections, UTIs, STIs, skin infections and infections of the eye such as conjunctivitis.
How does it work?
Oxytetracycline is a broad-spectrum tetracycline antibiotic. Antibiotics work by killing off bacteria or preventing them from spreading. Tetracycline antibiotics are largely used to treat acne and rosacea.
Is Oxytetracycline suitable for me?
This medication is not suitable for those under 12 years of age. Consult with your doctor before beginning this medication.
The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects, however, these do not always occur. If you notice these or indeed any unexpected reactions you should tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- Gastric upsets, such as feeling or being sick, diarrhoea and difficulty in swallowing and irritation of the oesophagus (gullet).
- Pseudomembranous colitis (watery diarrhoea, fever and cramps).
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis, causing pain in the abdomen or back, feeling sick and fever)
- Changes in the numbers and types of your blood cells. If you notice increased bruising, nosebleeds, sore throats, infections, excessive tiredness, breathlessness on exertion or abnormal paleness of the skin, you should tell your doctor who may want you to have a blood test.
- Redness or colour change of the skin, flaky skin, thrush or irritation around your bottom and genital area. If you already suffer from SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) Oxytetracycline tablets may make your condition worse
- Changes in liver or kidney function (tiredness, pain in the abdomen or back, difficulty passing urine) jaundice (yellow skin or eyes).
- An over growth of resistant organisms which may cause infection/inflammation of the mouth, tongue, intestines and vagina,
- Skin rashes, which involve changes to the colour and texture of the skin.
Disclaimer: This website does not constitute as medical advice, you should also consult with a doctor before taking medication. If you experience any major reactions to any medication you are taking, you must seek immediate medical attention.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Commonly Used Dosage Guidelines for Oxytetracycline.
The usual doses are for at least 10 days unless otherwise directed by your doctor. For Adults, Elderly and Children 12 years or over.
For general infections:
- Take 1 tablet (250mg) every 6 hours, you may be given 2 tablets (500mg) initially.
- For severe infections your doctor may increase your dosage to 500mg (2 tablets) every 6 hours.
For Specific infections:
- Skin infections: 1-2 tablets (250-500mg) daily either as a single dose or in divided doses for three months.
- Brucellosis: 2 tablets (500mg) four times a day with streptomycin.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: 2 tablets (500mg) four times a day for between 7 and 30 days depending on your condition.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. No information listed on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undergoing a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Oxytetracycline Patient Leaflet
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
We will dispatch your order using our express next-day courier service from our pharmacy partners across the UK. You will receive your treatment discreetly to the comfort of your home/ selected address.
Does Oxytetracycline treat acne?
Yes, Oxytetracycline can be used to treat acne as well as the skin condition rosacea.
How long can I take Oxytetracycline for?
The usual doses are for at least 10 days unless otherwise directed by your doctor:
What is the difference between Oxytetracycline and Doxycycline?
Oxytetracycline and Doxycycline are both types of medicines known as tetracyclines and can treat a wide range of infections. Tetracyclines are commonly used to treat acne and the skin condition known as rosacea. If you're unsure about which medication is best for you, speak with your doctor.
What are the ingredients in Oxytetracycline
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.