Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Triadene is a combined contraceptive pill that can be taken to avoid pregnancy.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free UK delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Triadene as a Contraception
Triadene is a form of combined contraception that is taken to prevent unwanted pregnancy for women. It is an oral birth control pill to be taken consecutively for 21 days with a 7-day break or alternatively, depending on your consultation with the GP or doctor. It also helps alleviate symptoms of menstruation.
What is Triadene and how does it work?
The pill contains synthetic progesterone and oestrogen. These hormones are also produced by the body. Triadene works by altering the hormonal balance of the body to prevent ovulation by making the lining of the uterus less receptive to egg implantation.
Is Triadene right for me?
If you are looking for an effective oral contraceptive, Triadene may be right for you. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you have ever had a blood clot or are at risk of a blood clot
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have diabetes that affects the blood vessels
- If you have a high level of fat in your blood
- If you have an allergy to any of the ingredients of Triadene
- If you are suspected of having cancer of the womb, cervix, vagina or breast
- If you have unexplained bleeding from the vagina
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Triadene. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Triadene, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Mood swings
- Tender breasts
- Headaches, migraine
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach ache
- Irregular bleeding
How to take Triadene?
Always take Triadene exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist.
- Triadene should be taken every day for 21 days
- Take your pill at the same time every day
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week
- Follow the directions of the arrows on the strip and take a pill every day until you have finished all 21
- Then have 7 pill-free days
- Start your next strip of Triadene after the 7 pill-free days, even if you are still bleeding
- It can be taken with or without food, if necessary with a small amount of water
- You must not take Triadene if you are pregnant
- It is not advised to take Triadene while breast-feeding
Warnings and Precautions
Triadene may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Triadene if you are taking:
- ciclosporin (medicine used for the treatment of suppression of tissue rejection following transplant surgery)
- St. John's wort (herbal remedy to treat depression)
- primidone, phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, felbamate, rufinamide, perampanel to treat epilepsy
- rifampicin for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV and Hepatitis C Virus infections (so-called protease inhibitors and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors such as ritonavir, nevirapin, efavirenz)
- griseofulvin for fungal infections
- bosnetan for increase of blood pressure in the lung vasculature
- modafinil for sleeping disorders
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Buy Triadene Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
You can buy Triadene online from our UK-registered online pharmacy partners. Complete an online consultation form and our system will show you if you are eligible to purchase Triadene online. Our pharmacists will then review your order of Triadene and dispatch it discreetly to your address.
How to buy Triadene online?
You can buy Triadene by following the following steps.
- Fill out our online consultation form
- If you are eligible to purchase Triadene you will be shown it as one of your treatment options
- Pay online and receive your order to the comfort of your chosen address
Can I get Triadene on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Triadene on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Triadene from the NHS.
Can you get Triadene over the counter?
No, you can’t get Triadene over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Triadene is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Triadene online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched. One of our partner prescribing pharmacists will review the consultation form and will decide if you are eligible to buy Triadene.
Is Triadene safe?
If you have been prescribed Triadene then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Triadene then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Triadene?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Triadene from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Triadene, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Triadene from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Triadene, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Triadene from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Triadene, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.