Lucette Pill Information Disclaimer
Please note that we do not distribute or sell Lucette Pill. The content provided on this webpage is intended solely for informational and educational purposes. It should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendation. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional for personalised medical advice and treatment options.
Lucette is a contraceptive pill preventing ovulation, containing the active ingredient levonorgestrel. Levonorgestrel is a synthetic...
Lucette is a contraceptive pill preventing ovulation, containing the active ingredient levonorgestrel. Levonorgestrel is a synthetic progestogen hormone that is similar to the naturally occurring hormone progesterone.
Lucette as a Contraception
Lucette is a combined oral contraception pill. It is used as a pregnancy preventative but it will also work to reduce acne breakouts and create a regular and less painful period. Lucette is also useful in reducing the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS).
What is Lucette and how does it work?
Like other combined contraceptive pills, Lucette uses synthetic female hormones, ethinylestradiol and drospirenone to prevent ovulation and ensure it is more difficult for sperm cells to travel through the cervix. If taken correctly, it can be 99% effective at preventing pregnancies.
Is Lucette right for me?
If you are looking for an effective oral contraceptive, Lucette may be right for you. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of the ingredients in Lucette
- If you are allergic to peanuts or soya as this medicine contains soya oil
- If you need an operation or if you are off your feet for a long time
- If you have ever had a blood clot or are at risk of a blood clot
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have ever had a migraine with aura
- If you are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
- If you have unexplained bleeding from the vagina
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Lucette. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Lucette, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
Lucette Patient Leaflet
Lucette is used as an oral contraceptive (birth control pill). It works by preventing ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary) and by thickening the mucus in the cervix, which makes it difficult for sperm to penetrate and fertilize an egg.
Lucette can also be used to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), a condition that causes mood swings, irritability, bloating, and other symptoms during the week before menstruation.
Lucette is available in packs of 21 tablets. The first 21 tablet pack should be started on the first day of your period (Day 1 Start). If you are starting Lucette on any other day of your cycle, you will need to use an additional method of contraception, such as condoms, for the first 7 days of taking Lucette. Lucette should be taken for 21 days, followed by a 7-day break during which you will experience withdrawal bleeding (similar to a period). After the 7-day break, you will start a new pack of pills.
Lucette also contains the inactive ingredients lactose monohydrate, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, and hypromellose.
Lucette is a "monophasic" pill, which means that each tablet contains the same amount of active ingredients. This is different from "triphasic" pills, which have three different phases of tablets with different amounts of active ingredients. Monophasic pills are often preferred because they are easier to remember to take and may cause fewer side effects.
Lucette is taken orally once daily at the same time each day, with or without food. If you vomit or have severe diarrhoea within 3-4 hours of taking a dose of Lucette, you should take another tablet as soon as possible. If it is more than 12 hours since your last dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your regular time. Do not take two doses of Lucette at the same time.
The most common side effects of Lucette include:
weight gain or loss,
Less common side effects include:
thrush (a yeast infection of the vagina),
decreased sex drive,
darkening of the skin,
changes in hair growth or texture.
Rare side effects include:
deep vein thrombosis (DVT),
pulmonary embolism (PE),
If you experience any of these serious side effects, stop taking Lucette and seek medical attention immediately.
Lucette is not suitable for everyone. You should not take Lucette if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. You should also avoid taking Lucette if you have a history of DVT, PE, stroke, or heart attack. Lucette may also not be suitable for you if you have certain medical conditions, such as liver disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or a history of depression.
Before starting Lucette, be sure to tell your doctor about any other medications or supplements you are taking, as well as any medical conditions you have. Lucette is a prescription medication, if you have any questions about your condition or treatment, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
How to take Lucette?
Always take Lucette exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist.
- Yasmin should be taken every day for 21 days
- Take your pill at the same time every day
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week
- Follow the directions of the arrows on the strip and take a pill every day until you have finished all 21
- Then have 7 pill-free days
- Start your next strip of Lucette after the 7 pill-free days, even if you are still bleeding
- It can be taken with or without food, if necessary with a small amount of water
- You must not take Lucette if you are pregnant
- It is not advised to take Lucette while breast-feeding
Warnings and Precautions
Lucette may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Lucette if you are taking:
- ciclosporin (medicine used for the treatment of suppression of tissue rejection following transplant surgery)
- St. John's wort (herbal remedy to treat depression)
- primidone, phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, felbamate, rufinamide, perampanel to treat epilepsy
- rifampicin for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV and Hepatitis C Virus infections (so-called protease inhibitors and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors such as ritonavir, nevirapin, efavirenz)
- griseofulvin for fungal infections
- bosnetan for increase of blood pressure in the lung vasculature
- modafinil for sleeping disorders
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or enveloped. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
Can I get Lucette Pill on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Lucette Pill on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Lucette Pill from the NHS.
Can you get Lucette Pill over the counter?
No, you can’t get Lucette Pill over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Lucette Pill is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Lucette Pill online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched.
Is Lucette Pill safe?
If you have been prescribed Lucette Pill then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Lucette Pill then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Lucette Pill?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Lucette Pill from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Lucette Pill, from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Lucette Pill from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Lucette Pill, you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Lucette Pill from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Lucette Pill, as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.
How long does Lucette Pill take to work?
The time it takes for a Lucette Pill to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Lucette Pill may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Lucette Pill?
The effectiveness of Lucette Pill can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Lucette Pill?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Lucette Pill.
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Lucette Pill in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Lucette Pill in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Lucette Pill is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Are Lucette Pill users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Lucette Pill at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Lucette Pill head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Lucette Pill from an online pharmacy?
This is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Lucette Pill cost?
The costs of Lucette Pill are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as we do not sell Lucette Pill.
How does Lucette effect PCOS?
The Lucette pill is a contraceptive pill, so it cannot be used for PCOS. If you're looking for a treatment for PCOS, we recommend discussing options with your doctor. There are many effective treatments available, so you're sure to find one that works well for you.
Can Lucette help with weight loss?
The Lucette pill is a contraceptive pill, so it cannot be used for weight loss. If you're looking for a treatment for weight loss, we recommend discussing options with your doctor. There are many effective treatments available, so you're sure to find one that works well for you.
Is this medication suitable for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
When should I start Lucette?
If you're starting Lucette for the first time, you should start taking it on the first day of your period. If you're switching from another contraceptive pill, you can start taking Lucette on the day after you finish taking your old pill.
Can the Lucette pill be used for acne?
The Lucette pill is a contraceptive pill, so it cannot be used for acne. If you're looking for a treatment for acne, we recommend discussing options with your dermatologist. There are many effective treatments available, so you're sure to find one that works well for you.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
The effectiveness of the product was noticeable from the very first use, and I have been using it regularly ever since.