Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Yasmin is a popular combined 21-day contraceptive pill that works to prevent unwanted pregnancy and lessen the symptoms of menstruation.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Yasmin as a Contraception
Contraceptive medications are used to prevent unwanted pregnancy and can also help to alleviate symptoms of menstruation. Yasmin is one of the most common types of oral contraceptives and is taken consecutively for 21 days with a seven-day break.
What is Yasmin and how does it work?
Yasmin is a monophasic (21-day pill) that contains two different female hormones, namely drospirenone and ethinylestradiol. These hormones will prevent the ovaries from ovulating or releasing an egg. Yasmin works by altering the hormonal balance of the body to prevent ovulation by making the lining of the uterus less receptive to egg implantation.
Yasmin is not intended for use by females who have not had their first periods or for those who have experienced menopause.
Is Yasmin right for me?
If you are looking for an effective oral contraceptive, Yasmin may be right for you. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you have ever had a blood clot or are at risk of a blood clot
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have ever had a migraine with aura
- If you are suspected of having breast cancer
- If you have unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- If you are taking medication for hepatitis C
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Yasmin. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Yasmin, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Decreased sexual drive
- Mood swings
- Tender breasts
- Weight gain
- Headaches, migraine
- Thick whitish vaginal discharge
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Irregular bleeding
- Risk of a blood clot
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
Yasmin is a combined oral contraceptive pill that contains the hormones ethinylestradiol and drospirenone. It is used to prevent pregnancy. Yasmin can also be used to treat the premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and moderate acne in women who are at least 14 years old. It is not known whether Yasmin is safe to use during pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be taken if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Some of the common side effects of Yasmin include headache, nausea, breast tenderness, and spotting between periods. Less common side effects include mood changes, depression, bloating, and changes in sex drive. You should stop taking Yasmin and see your doctor if you experience any of these side effects. Yasmin is not recommended for use by women who are over 35 years old or who have a history of blood clots.
Yasmin is usually taken once a day, at the same time each day. You should take Yasmin for as long as your doctor recommends. If you forget to take a dose of Yasmin, take it as soon as you remember (even if it means taking 2 pills together). A missed pill is one that is 24 or more hours late. Please see the patient information leaflet or speak to a healthcare professional for specific advise about a missed pill. When used correctly, Yasmin can be over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
If you are interested in using Yasmin to prevent pregnancy, talk to your doctor. They can help you decide if Yasmin is the right contraceptive for you. Yasmin is also available in a generic form.
How to take Yasmin?
Always take Yasmin exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist.
- Yasmin should be taken every day for 21 days
- Take your pill at the same time every day
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week
- Follow the directions of the arrows on the strip and take a pill every day until you have finished all 21
- Then have 7 pill-free days
- Start your next strip of Yasmin after the 7 pill-free days, even if you are still bleeding
- It can be taken with or without food, if necessary with a small amount of water
- You must not take Yasmin if you are pregnant
- It is not advised to take Yasmin while breast-feeding
Warnings and Precautions
Yasmin may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Yasmin:
- If you have (or have ever had) a blood clot in a blood vessel of your leg (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), your lungs (pulmonary embolus, PE) or other organs
- If you know you have a disorder affecting your blood clotting
- If you need an operation or if you are off your feet for a long time
- If you have ever had a heart attack or stroke;
- If you have (or have ever had) angina pectoris (a condition that causes severe chest pain and maybe a first sign of a heart attack) or transient ischaemic attack (TIA – temporary stroke symptoms);
- If you have any of the following diseases that may increase your risk of a clot in the arteries severe diabetes with blood vessel damage, very high blood pressure, and a very high level of fat in the blood (cholesterol or triglycerides), a condition known as hyperhomocysteinaemia
- If you have (or have ever had) a type of migraine called ‘migraine with aura’;
- If you have (or have ever had) liver disease and your liver function is still not normal
- If your kidneys are not working well (renal failure)
- If you have (or have ever had) a tumour in the liver
- If you have (or have ever had) or if you are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
- If you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- If you are allergic to ethinylestradiol or drospirenone, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. This may cause itching, rash or swelling.
- If you have hepatitis C and are taking medicinal products containing ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir and dasabuvir or glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Yasmin Combined Contraceptive Patient Leaflet
How it works
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
- Review Date 25.02.23
- Next Review 25.02.25
- Published On 17.04.22
- xx yy
What are the long-term side effects of Yasmin?
As with any medication, there is always the potential for long-term side effects. Some of the possible long-term side effects of Yasmin include weight gain, decreased sex drive, mood swings, and depression. If you are concerned about any of these potential side effects, be sure to speak with your doctor.
Does Yasmin help with weight loss?
Again, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. While some people may lose weight while taking Yasmin, others may not see any change or may even gain weight. If you are hoping to lose weight while taking Yasmin, be sure to speak with your doctor first to see if this is a possibility for you.
Is this medication suitable for me?
Please get in touch with a doctor if you are unsure what medication is suitable for you. You can also complete our online consultation form to check your eligibility for the product.
How is the medication delivered?
All orders placed before 14:00 from Monday to Friday will be dispatched that day. The orders are sent using 24 Hour Tracked delivery provided by Royal Mail. Items will usually arrive the very next day after the order has been placed. We also provide tracking for your orders to check the status and location of your parcel. All our medication is packaged in plain confidential padded white or brown envelopes. This ensures that your orders are discreet, and the content of the orders will be for your eyes only.
When is it best to take Yasmin?
You can take Yasmin at any time of day, but it is best to take it at the same time each day to help maintain a consistent level of hormones in your body.
Can Yasmin help with acne?
There is no yes or no answer to this question since everyone's skin is different. However, some people have reported that taking Yasmin has helped to clear up their acne. If you are considering trying this birth control pill for your acne, it is best to speak with a dermatologist first to make sure that it is the right option for you.
How do I order my medication?
Some products only require an online consultation which approximately takes 1 minute to complete, enabling you to then buy the product. Other products will also require a prescription; in this case, you will need to complete the online consultation, and then one of our partner pharmacy prescribers or doctors will review the online consultation questions and approve the order for delivery if you are eligible to purchase the item.
Can I cancel or return my order?
For non-medicinal products, you are eligible to return the product within 14 days of receipt in the same packaging you received. For medicinal products, you are eligible to cancel the order only until it has been dispatched. From that point forward, you are no longer eligible to return the order.
You have the right to cancel your order for medication up to the point when your medication is dispatched.
Welzo prescription medication is shipped out for next-day delivery in discreet packaging.
Welzo only works with UK-based pharmacies. All our medication is authentic and issued by GPhC-registered pharmacies and prescribers.
Our team of clinicians and health experts can support you along every step of your treatment journey.