Next day delivery
Discreet & confidential
UK licensed medication
Spedra (Avanafil) is an erectile dysfunction medication that promotes blood flow to the penis. Spedra contains the active ingredient avanafil, an effective medication for treating erectile dysfunction.
Spedra (Avanafil) is available to purchase in the UK in the following dosages: 50mg, 100mg and 200mg.
100% UK-based pharmacies
Free advice and support
Free UK delivery over £40
We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Description of Spedra
Spedra for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a name for the condition that describes an inability to achieve or maintain an erection adequate for sexual activities. ED sometimes referred to as impotence, is a common condition that can affect any man but mostly men aged over 40.
While it is common for men to not be able to achieve an adequate erection from time to time, a continued failure to become erect could be a symptom of diabetes, hormone problems, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. It may also be a physical symptom of depression or anxiety.
What is Spedra and how does it work?
Spedra contains the active ingredient avanafil which is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor medicine. PDE5 medications can treat ED by relaxing the blood vessels that may be vasoconstricting and causing a lack of erection.
Spedra is a prescription ED treatment for adult males. It can provide assistance for those who are unable to get an erection, achieve an erection firm enough or keep an erection long enough for their sexual experiences. While this medication can aid those with ED, it cannot cure the condition and requires sexual stimulation for the medication to come into effect.
Spedra, or avanafil, should not be used by women or men under the age of 18.
The active substance, avanafil, is also useful in treating other conditions along with erectile dysfunction. Please consult a Doctor, a Pharmacist or relevant product literature for more information.
Is Spedra right for me?
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction (impotence), Spedra may be an effective treatment. However, it may not be suitable for you if you have the following:
- If you are allergic to avanafil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking nitrate medicines
- If you are taking riociguat
- If you are taking medicines for the treatment of HIV or AIDS
- If you are taking medications for fungal infections
- If you have galactose intolerance
- If you have severe heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If you have had a stroke or heart attack in the last 6 months
- If you have Peyronie's disease or a physical deformity of the penis
- If you have sickle cell anaemia or any bleeding disorders
- If you have a rare inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa
Side Effects of Spedra
All medications can cause potential side effects, below we have listed some potential side effects of Spedra. However, these do not always occur and are mostly mild in nature. But if you experience any prolonged or worrying side effects of Spedra, please discontinue the medication immediately and consult your doctor.
Common side effects include:
- Nasal congestion
Spedra Patient Information Leaflet
Spedra is an effective treatment, but it might not work for all patients. Find out a comprehensive list of reviews on Spedra below taken from independent sources.
Read review on Spedra below:
- Spedra (Avanafil) has a rating of 5.7 out of 10 for acne treatment according to user reviews on drugs.com
- Patients who have used Welzo.com have rated us “excellent” on Trustpilot. We have over 20,000+ reviews from multiple platforms, click here to view our Trustpilot reviews and click here to read our reviews on Trustindex.
How to take Spedra?
Always take Spedra exactly as prescribed by your doctor or advised by the pharmacist. The recommended starting dose is 100mg tablet as needed, however, in presence of other factors, this may be increased or decreased accordingly as per the prescriber's clinical judgement.
- Spedra should be taken 30-60 minutes (50mg) or 15 minutes (100mg and 200mg) before you wish to have sexual intercourse
- The time taken for it to work may vary for different individuals
- It can be taken with or without food, however, if taken with a heavy meal it may reduce its effectiveness or take longer to work
- Avoid grapefruit juice with this medication as it may have an effect on side-effects experienced by you
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as they may affect the ability to achieve an erection as well as the effect of this medication
Only 1 dose of Spedra should be taken in 24 hours.
Warnings and precautions of Spedra
Spedra may not be safe if taken with other medication or recreational drugs. Please inform the prescriber if you are taking any of the listed medications.
DO NOT take Spedra:
- If you've ever had an allergic reaction to Sildenafil or any other ingredients listed in this medicine
- If you are taking medicines called nitrates for angina (chest pain) or amyl nitrates (poppers)
- If you are taking riociguat
- If you are taking any alpha-blockers such as Doxazosin, Tamsulosin
- If you are taking HIV medication
- If you are taking anti-fungal or antibiotics
- If you are taking other ED medications
The above-listed warnings are not exhaustive, please consult a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you have further questions on the use of this medication or potential interactions with other medicines.
Delivery of Spedra
Next Day Delivery Guarantee
All orders placed before 14:00 on weekdays will be delivered the next working day. For the majority of the UK, medication will be dispatched by Royal Mail, Monday to Friday, if ordered before 14:00. Dispatches are sent using Royal Mail's Next-Day Tracked 24-Hour service. We will email you tracking information directly and you should receive your order the day after dispatch.
Our Discreet Packaging Promise
We know that many of our customers turn to us when they need personal medication, preferring to use our online service rather than shopping for the product face to face. That is why our delivery is always discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes or envelopes. You will not have to worry about any content descriptions, and the package will be for your eyes only!
This is a quick process and should only take 1 - 2 minutes. All of your answers are confidential, and just like a GP consultation, you will know what treatment is most suitable for you instantly upon completion.
Once you have completed the quick online form, select the treatment option most suitable to you and checkout securely.
A medical professional will review your answers to the online medical consultation and determine if it’s safe to prescribe and what treatments are available.
Buy Spedra (Avanafil) Online
Please note the information below is intended for general knowledge, please read the patient information leaflet and/or the information provided by a healthcare professional for more specific guidance. This information should not substitute medical advice.
You can buy Spedra (Avanafil) online from our UK-registered online pharmacy partners. Complete an online consultation form and our system will show you if you are eligible to purchase Spedra (Avanafil) online. Our pharmacists will then review your order of Spedra (Avanafil) and dispatch it discreetly to your address.
How to buy Spedra (Avanafil) online?
You can buy Spedra (Avanafil) by following the following steps.
- Fill out our online consultation form
- If you are eligible to purchase Spedra (Avanafil) you will be shown it as one of your treatment options
- Pay online and receive your order to the comfort of your chosen address
Can I get Spedra (Avanafil) on the NHS?
Whether or not you can get Spedra (Avanafil) on the NHS is dependent on your local guidelines and eligibility status. It is best to contact your local GP service if you are unsure of whether you can get Spedra (Avanafil) from the NHS.
Can you get Spedra (Avanafil) over the counter?
No, you can’t get Spedra (Avanafil) over the counter without a prescription or consultation. Spedra (Avanafil) is a regulated medication so all purchases need to have a prescription and/or suitable consultation form completed.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) online even if I have never taken it before?
A prescribing pharmacist will need to review your consultation form before the medication can be dispatched. One of our partner prescribing pharmacists will review the consultation form and will decide if you are eligible to buy Spedra (Avanafil).
Is Spedra (Avanafil) safe?
If you have been prescribed Spedra (Avanafil) then it is at the discretion of the prescriber.
However, all medications can potentially have adverse effects and should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you experience any side effects when taking Spedra (Avanafil) then you should contact a doctor immediately.
Are there any foods that should be avoided when taking Spedra (Avanafil)?
We recommend you read the patient information leaflet for this product thoroughly before taking the treatment. This is essential to understanding any interactions that can occur and to take the medication safely.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) from Boots?
It is generally possible to purchase medication, including Spedra (Avanafil), from UK pharmacies like Boots. However, I recommend checking the Boots website or contacting Boots directly for the most current and accurate information. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) from Superdrug?
If you would like to buy Spedra (Avanafil), you will need to check availability on the Superdrug website.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) from Amazon?
Amazon does not sell medication such as Spedra (Avanafil), as they are not a pharmacy service provider. Always check with Amazon to see what they sell.
How long does Spedra (Avanafil) take to work?
The time it takes for a Spedra (Avanafil) to work can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the strength, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as any potential interactions with other medications or substances. Generally, the effects of Spedra (Avanafil) may be noticeable within the time frame outlined by the prescribing pharmacist. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions provided by your healthcare professional, and to consult them if you have any concerns or questions about the medication's efficacy or possible side effects.
How effective is Spedra (Avanafil)?
The effectiveness of Spedra (Avanafil) can vary significantly depending on various factors, such as the dosage, the condition being treated, the individual's age, weight, and overall health, as well as the presence of any other medications or substances that might interact with it. While some medications may be highly effective for certain individuals and conditions, others might experience a lesser degree of benefit or may require adjustments to the dosage or additional treatments to achieve the desired results.
What are the risks of taking Spedra (Avanafil)?
At Welzo, we are dedicated to providing our customers with accurate and comprehensive information about medications. We believe that understanding the potential risks and side effects associated with a medication is essential for making informed decisions about your health. This guide outlines some general considerations for assessing the risks of medication and includes references to the National Health Service (NHS) for further information.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL): Every medication comes with a Patient Information Leaflet, which provides essential details about the drug, its uses, and potential side effects. Be sure to read this leaflet carefully before starting any new medication. The Electronic medicines compendium has a list of patient leaflets. you can visit by heading to medicines.org
- Be aware of potential side effects: All medications have the potential to cause side effects, ranging from mild and short-lived symptoms to more serious, long-lasting issues. It's important to understand the possible side effects of a medication and how to manage them. The NHS has a helpful resource on managing medication side effects, while also speaking to a healthcare professional is important in understanding any potential risks of taking Spedra (Avanafil).
- Interactions with other medications: Some medications may interact with others, leading to increased side effects or reduced effectiveness. Make sure to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications and supplements you are currently taking. The NHS offers a useful tool for checking potential drug interactions here.
- Contraindications and precautions: Certain medical conditions or factors may make it unsafe for you to take a particular medication. Before starting any new medication, inform your healthcare professional about your medical history and any current health issues. The NHS provides more information about contraindications and precautions here.
- Appropriate use and dosage: It's crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for taking a medication to ensure its effectiveness and minimise the risk of side effects. The NHS has a useful guide on using medicines safely here.
- Monitoring and follow-up: Some medications require regular monitoring or follow-up appointments with your healthcare professional to ensure their safety and effectiveness. Be sure to schedule and attend these appointments as needed.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) in the UK?
Yes, you can buy Spedra (Avanafil) in the UK with a valid prescription and or consultation form. Spedra (Avanafil) is available in the UK for purchase from local pharmacies with a valid prescription and or consultation and to purchase from Welzo if in stock. It is imperative that you ensure that the pharmacy you are buying the products from is licensed and registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
Where can I buy Spedra (Avanafil)?
You can buy Spedra (Avanafil) online from Welzo.com upon completion of a consultation form and a free review from a prescribing pharmacist.
Are Spedra (Avanafil) users satisfied with the product?
We have a list of reviews from customers taking Spedra (Avanafil) at the bottom of this page. For more information of the reviews of Spedra (Avanafil) head over to drugs.com for further details.
Can I buy Spedra (Avanafil) from an online pharmacy?
Yes, you can purchase Spedra (Avanafil) from an online pharmacy. However, this is dependent on your eligibility for the medication.
How much does Spedra (Avanafil) cost?
The costs of Spedra (Avanafil) are listed at the top of the page. Pricing is provided as a reference as treatment options will be shown upon completing the consultation form.